Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I Have Forgotten What My Husband Looks Like

Our very loudest customer just yelled at me from across the nursery.
"Noelle, get in your office right now!"
"You will not have a baby today!"
"Stop walking and get in your office!"
I wonder how he would suggest I get to my office if I'm supposed to stop walking?

Another customer who just left, said as he walked out the door, "Noelle, don't go into labor today."

Want to know the crazy part?
These two particular customers don't even know that there is a risk of me going into pre-term labor.

I have babysitters everywhere I go.
Last night I went into a store to get some plastic containers.
As I walked up to check out an employee of the store saw me and said, "Come over here so you don't have to wait in line."
And then she said, "Ma'am, let me get you a cart for those."
"Ma'am can I have someone help you out?"
"Are you sure you're okay?"

I went to another store to buy a blanket for our bed.
I got a little carried away and bought some other things too, and when I went to leave, the girl who had bagged my items said, "Are you sure you can get to your car okay?"
I was in the mall ... in a department store.
I'm guessing they don't regularly offer to carry things out for their customers.

All of them probably think I'm going to have a baby at any second.

* * * * *

Wouldn't your day at work be better if you had these visitors?


* * * * *

I can't think of anything clever to end with.
Hmmm...let's see...

How bout this?


(I know, I know, I've posted this before...)

5 comments:

singedwingangel said...

lmbo at the saying at the bottom. How true that is and I have never seen it before so you were supposed to post it. How sweet that they are all motherhenning you.. albeit sometimes annoying.. they mean well

Beth Zimmerman said...

Here's another fun summer fact ... white swimsuits, which become see-through when wet, are NOT for swimming! They are for sun-bathing! Shudder!!!!

Heather said...

1. I don't even own a slip. I don't understand them..everyone knows I have legs, right?
2. Your visitors look like quite the party.
3. How funny about your "babysitters". I had forgotten that about being pregnant!! You should have just let all those people help you!

The Blog Writer said...

Haha! The comments here are hilarious! :) You won't go into labor until it's time.

Dazee Dreamer said...

I have to say, that is just sweet that your customers are concerned about you. You rock.

That man of yours really needs to stay home now. Doesn't he know I will beat him over the head if he isn't there when Emily arrives. And I will doubly pound in the head of his boss. just sayin.