Friday, June 17, 2011

I'm Such A Lady

I'm pregnant.
Did you know?

And too?
My amniotic fluid went up again!
I asked the nurse this morning, "Is there a point where my body can't take this any more?"
She smiled and said, "You're to the point where your prayers are being answered."
So to all of you?  Thanks for those prayers.
You're keeping my little Emily where she needs to be.

Between Emily and fluid, I have no room for anything else.
Like food.
It's become somewhat of a game.
I can eat a small breakfast, and I can eat a small lunch, but after that I never know.
I usually manage to keep a piece of toast with some bottled peaches down but then, not always.
Last night I was STARVING!
It had been two days without being able to eat much and I was dying for real food.
I stopped at the closest Cafe Rio and ordered a chicken burrito - enchilada style - without any extras.
I ate about half of it and for the first few hours I thought I might be okay.

But then...
Then...
I laid down.

Did I mention that Jason came home for the night?  He drove 6 hours so that he could spend the night at home with me...he's leaving again in a few hours.
He and I were in bed talking.
It went something like this:

Jason:  "Did you see the awesome tent poles I got in the mail?"
Noelle: "Yep."  And then a big burp.
Jason:  "And the other boxes?  I can't wait to show you what's inside!"
Noelle:  Burp.
Jason:  "Did you know that ..."
Noelle:  Burp...and then a mad dash to the toilet.

A few minutes later as I waddled out of the bathroom I muttered, "Dang chicken enchilada," and then asked Jason "Aren't you glad you came home for this?"

Amazingly, the man loves me even when I burp.  Just as I was falling asleep he said, "I'm going to say a prayer." 
Me?  I said, "Okay."  BURP.  And then I laughed...because really?  What else can I do?

And for those of you who asked -
I'm happy to tell you what book I read that kept me up until 2:30am.
On one condition:  you can't mock me.
Seriously.

Did any of you read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants?
The author just wrote a 5th book that takes place 10 years later.
It's called Sisterhood Everlasting...and I enjoyed every page.

May your weekend be filled with sno-cones and water parks!!!

11 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

I burped the way through my whole pregnancy! Drove hubby nuts! Still praying!

Cox Family said...

I remember when Rob and I were engaged and I got sick and threw up a blueberry muffin I had just ate. I thought he couldn't really find me attractive anymore after that, but he still married me, thank goodness.

Sandra said...

I am so glad that you can still laugh.

And can I just tell everyone reading that doesn't know you personally what a sweet person you are. Because even with all that is going on in her life she still takes the time to think of others and does things to make them happy. Emily is so lucky to have such a good mom.

The Blog Writer said...

It is amazing that this kind of love exists. Honestly, it's amazing. So happy for you, friend!

My gut tells me that the kid's going to be okay.

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

read it, loved it, watched the movie. Mexican is worth the burps in my opinion. Eat up, sweetie. Hugs to all of you.

Heather said...

I hope the burping took your mind off of your other discomforts! HA!
I did read the Traveling Pants and saw the movie. I will be looking for that one at the used book store.

Shan said...

Isn't it amazing how men change as they become fathers? Well, I don't know how Jason would have handled everything before, but I know Tom was uncomfortable talking about any bodily functions, let along having either one of us share them with the other. Now we have full conversations about pee and poop (um, still not our own, lol).

Janci Olds said...

The last book that kept me up until 2 AM was also a Sisterhood book. I think it was Girls in Pants.

Joann Mannix said...

Praise be! Every day brings better and better news for Miss Emily.

And good golly, I would not have been able to live without Mexican food during my pregnancies, burps and all.

And yes, the tiny little bit of food I could eat in one sitting, made it so that all day long, all I did was eat.

Yay! So overjoyed to hear the news.

Venassa said...

Pregnancy sure is rough on you. Glad Emily is staying put for now. Hope all the prayers keep working.
There's a 5th book?! I loved the first two (so much better than the movies) but havent gotten my hands on any of the others yet.

Loralee and the gang... said...

I have been reading your blog for a while now, and while I don't comment on every post, I do enjoy every one. I wish I could express my thoughts and feelings the way you are able to. I am finally commenting here to tell you that Thank You for telling me about the new Sisterhood book. I loved the books and can't wait to read this one! And my prayers are with you and your sweet baby Emily...