Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It Is What It Is

To tell you the truth I was hoping for something different than what the doctor told us today.
A part of me really wanted him to tell us that Emily had made remarkable improvement...
...that he was shocked and amazed.

He didn't say that.
She's made improvement, but it's slight. 
Slight enough that the doctor is hopeful but also concerned.
"If those pulmonary arteries don't keep growing, there won't be anything we can do for her."

A few weeks ago in church a woman offered us the use of her camper for our stay at Primary Children's Hospital.
She is also the mother of a 'heart baby' and understands what it means to have a place to call your own while your little one fights for it's life.
Up to that point Jason and I hadn't thought the details out that far.
I think maybe we were hoping we wouldn't have to.

The reality...and all that it represents...
Today it's heavy...
But through that heaviness we know that God is in charge...that Emily is His child...and that no matter what, she'll be okay.
And for the next 8 weeks we'll be praying with everything we have that Emily's little arteries will grow.

11 comments:

Tiff said...

You still have my prayers and my love. I am so sorry that your heart hurts and that it's too heavy. Turn it over to the Lord. I love you!
xoxo

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Hon, I'll be sending my prayers out to.
Keep faith.
xoRobyn

Bridget said...

I will keep praying and praying for you and Emily! My heart aches for you. I believe in miracles!!!

tuesdays at nordic landing said...

Will be thinking of you and your family and keeping yall in my prayers.

Tiffany said...

Love and prayer from me too. Hang in there Noelle.

My Big Secret Blog :) said...

Noelle, I'm sending you my prayers. Keep fighting it.

cathyjoy said...

oh Noelle -

I am so praying for y'all!

Our God is an awesome God and He can do anything...include answer prayers.

love to you and Jason...

Bossy Betty said...

Prayers for you and little Emily!!! I think about you all a lot....

Heather said...

I am glad you will have a place to stay if you do end up needing it.

When do you see the doctor again?

Beth Zimmerman said...

Prayers continue! And what a blessing that He is providing answers even before you think up the questions! Love you, Noelle!

Shan said...

Hey Noelle,

I've been in Blogger's commenting purgatory for too long. I just wanted to let you know that I am here and pulling for Miss Emily and all of you.

Anything is possible.

Much love,

Shan :+)