Friday, June 24, 2011

Remember When I Wrote Posts That Had A Point?

Do you want to see what a simple mosquito bite does to me?


Probably what you can't see is how red it is all around the bite, and how swollen my leg is.
And that's in addition to the pregnancy swell.
It makes me bitter.
By tomorrow it will be a dark purple color.
BUT...
Aren't my shoes cute?
I bought them in Guatemala once upon a time.

Last night at 11:17pm the garage door opened and I ran down the stairs.
Well, as fast as a girl can 'run' in my delicate position.
Ha...delicate position...
I sound like I'm from the 1800s or something.
I opened the door to greet my long lost husband and told him that he was never allowed to leave again.
And then I kissed him.
And then I told him again that he was not allowed to leave...ever.
I thought that perhaps by kissing him I would have more power of persuasion.
Guess who's leaving again today.
It's not me.

I think even that baby girl of ours knew that her daddy was home.
She kicked and wiggled all over the place for at least 20 minutes, and Jason loved every one of those minutes.

Jason went with me to the non-stress test today.
My fluid level went down by nearly 10!
I got all excited until the nurse laughed and said, "But Noelle, you're still at 50."
Should I remind you that a level of 10 or 12 is normal?
That little Emily...she switched sides three times.
Just when the nurse would have her heart beat on the monitor for a minute, Emily would move.
It's the personal swimming pool she's got...she's just trying to take advantage of every minute.

The City of Fun Carnival makes it's home in my hometown.
I drive by their storage site every single day on my way to work.
Back in the day, when my sister and I spent a lot of time together, we would drive past and she would say "I wonder where they are this week?"
She asked this question at least once a week.
I used to laugh at her constant curiosity of the carnival's current location.
One year I had the brilliant idea to track down the person in charge of the carnival and ask for their yearly schedule.
I was going to print it out and frame it and give it to my sister for her birthday.
I called and called, and never got anything but the voicemail.
I've noticed that recently when I drive by I have the thought, "I wonder where they are this week?"
One week out of the year I know where they are...
Right here ... just down the street ...
Maybe next year when they set up I'll head over and ask to speak to the manager.
I wonder if he would give me their schedule?

I don't know why I just told you that.

Happy Weekend Friends!!!

9 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Happy Weekend, Noelle! Will Jason be back tonight?

Beth Zimmerman said...

By the way ... you should get your little surprise today or tomorrow because it's IN your town! :)

Sandra said...

The guy that owns City of Fun Carnival lived by me. I say lived because he passed away last month.

Venassa said...

Wow that's some crazy bug bite. I love your shoes though. I'm really glad your fluid is going down, even if it is still higher than normal.

Brynn said...

Cute toes!

The Blog Writer said...

You do know that you're still a fun read, right?

Yay for lower level of fluid! Keep the windows shut.

Dazee Dreamer said...

Jason, Jason, Jason. I'm going to have to come down there and chain you to the house. yup. don't think I won't

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I was going to say that your toes are cute too.
So sorry for what a little mosquito bite does to you. That's not right.
Hang in there, Noelle.
Keeping you and Emily in my prayers.
I bet she'll become an Olympic swimmer.
xoRobyn

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

Maybe little Emily will arrive with a lifeguard certification in hand from all that swimming. Have a good weekend, Nicole