Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thank Goodness The Day Is Half Way Over

I'm breaking records at the Maternal Fetal Medicine office.
It's a proud moment.
The nurse said to me this morning "Well that does it.  You just broke the record for the most amniotic fluid I've ever seen."
Go me.

"And I can't believe they haven't put you on bed rest yet," she said.
I smiled sweetly and said, "And you're not going to suggest it are you."
She said no...but only because my contractions are almost non-existent.
Bless her heart.

As I was driving home from the hospital I realized my wallet was missing.
It wasn't in my bag.
It wasn't in my car.
My sister is going to call me any minute and tell me it's not at home.
Do you know how I know?

Because a random stranger just called me on my cell phone and said, "Noelle, I found your wallet in the parking lot of the hospital."
For the love of Walley...
There isn't even a hole in my purse.

How lucky am I that a kind-hearted, honest woman found my wallet and called me?
She's keeping it safe until I can get to her house tonight after work.

I swear...
Actually, I normally don't...
But it's been a day.

My mom ... bless her heart too ... has been at her wits end with an employee.
I suggested that she do something about it...
She took my suggestion...did what I told her I would do...
And boy howdy did that employee unleash on my poor mother.
My kind, loving, tender-hearted mother...
And it was because she followed my advice.
I'm sorry mom!  I'll keep my mouth shut in the future!
And maybe I'll say something to the employee.
Maybe...

And now that I've typed everything that has come to my mind I'll get back to work.



6 comments:

Brynn said...

Noelle, I'm so sorry that you are full of extra amniotic fluid. I didn't break any records, but I had too much and it was SOOOO uncomfortable. You are going to feel so good when you get that cute little Emily out of there. Glad the nice lady called with your wallet.

Kelly Howard said...

Don't ya just love all the little 'bumps' in the road?! Keep your chin up, sweetie, it will get better. God puts nice people in our path too, doesn't He?! May He surely bless the person who found your wallet....and may He curse the one who upset your sweet mama! Praying for you and baby girl!

The Blog Writer said...

You still drive yourself? You're breaking a lot more records than you can know!

The tiny tot and you are in my prayers.

Can someone else go get your wallet for you? Maybe? I'm sure!

Dazee Dreamer said...

Dang you girl. Could you just expel some of that fluid. OK.

What the heck. I have employees that I've had to tell off. I'm going to have to come down there and beat up whomever it was for going off on your mom. errrrr

Julie said...

Good night Noelle. I just wanted you to know I stopped by to catch up. You so need to relax and take care of yourself and Emily. It's time to just sit and eat a ho-ho and smile and listen to all the cool thing Emily has to say. I did that with Mike and really if it's quiet they do chatter. Nothing I ever understood but I could feel it, the connection and more. Soon you'll be holding her and loving her even more. It will be amazing.
Take care my friend, God Bless!!

Shan said...

Aww, rough days. I'm sorry.

But cheers for being well enough to stay off bedrest.