Thursday, June 16, 2011

What Are You Craving?

Last night I did something I haven't done since before I got married.
I stayed up until 2:30am to finish a book.
A book that I started last night.
I don't sleep well anyway and figured why not lose sleep over a good book rather than just trips to the bathroom?
In a strange way, it felt good.
I love a good book...way more than I love chocolate.

I've been looking at the mountains and wishing I could go for a hike.
I think I'm actually craving a hike.
Jason's going to be so happy to read this.
Not because I can go for a hike any time soon but because I haven't lost my desire to hike.
I was looking through some pictures trying to find one and got distracted.
Here's what I've been distracted by:




I think I'll at least go for a drive through the mountains.
That ought to do something.

All right...I've got to go and raid my sister's office.
She has food and I don't.

Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What book were you reading? I agree, a good book is better than chocolate or even ice cream! I love finding a book that you end up reading until the early morning. That is a sign of a good book. Please share. :D

Camaree

Dazee Dreamer said...

Gosh, I start reading this and then I start craving candy. errrr, not as good for me as say, taking a hike, but :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

I was scrolling slowly through this post and came to the top of the first picture. I thought it was a picture of a man's (Jason perhaps) hind end as he struggled up a particularly rocky path! I could see how that might be a little distracting! It took me a while to figure out what it really was once I saw the little people standing in front of the legs and butt!

Sandra said...

I love a good book, and I love staying up to finish a good book. Tell us what you were reading that kept you up?

And I know what you mean about craving hiking. I saw the podiatrist on Monday and I asked him when I could start hiking again and he told me that if it didn't hurt to much I could start walking for exercise next week and hiking soon after that. I know I don't hike as much or as vigoursly as you and Jason, but there is just something addicting about it, isn't there?

The Blog Writer said...

Sounds like it's been a beyond-good day! :)

Bossy Betty said...

I love finding a good book like that.

Don't worry--you'll be back to hiking before you know it and you'll have even more company on that hike!

Jay said...

Blogland somehow allowed me to stumble across your blog -- and I am so glad it did!..

I'm also very curious what book this was.. I haven't read that good of a book in ages!? I can see why you would get distracted by those pictures.. what beautiful scenery! Have a wonderful day! :)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Those are awesome pictures.
Be well, Noelle.
xoRobyn