Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm Curious...

Does your husband or significant other or your closest friend ever forget your name?
Of course Jason doesn't forget my name, I was just curious if someone out there forgot your name.

Dear Jason,
N.O.E.L.L.E.
Love,
Your Wife

Oh...he might strangle me but ... last night over dinner at our favorite soup and salad place Jason admitted that early in our marriage sometimes he had to think about making sure he got my name right.

"What, we had only known each other for 5 months," was his argument.
I kindly suggested that had I been any form of outdoor gear he wouldn't have had that problem.
I love that husband of mine...no one makes me laugh like he does.

PS.  For those of you who might not see the comments...this is Jason's response:

Honey, I love you (even when you make me look really bad)!


You didn't mention the part you know all too well that I'm HORRIBLE with names. However I never got your name wrong, right? I just had to concentrate a micro fraction more during the first couple of weeks of marriage (I didn't mention that your name is tattooed on the inside of my eyelids...
NOELLE).

Did I mention I really love him?

9 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Well, to be fair, it could be easily confused with Nicole or Barbara.

wjmom said...

Our daughter's boyfriend went to a family dinner with us. My FIL said, "How am I going to remember your name? It took me 15 years to remember Aundrea's!"

Just because he didn't deem it important enough, I think. Not that I'm bitter or anything...

Beth Zimmerman said...

At least he worked on getting it right! :)

Jessica said...

Haha, funny you should ask. Yesterday Scott wanted my attention immediately for something I'm sure was very important, and he yelled for me. He got the right name--on the FIFTH try! Apparently some men have problems with this even after 6 years of marriage. ;)

Venassa said...

Haha that is one thing my boyfriend has never done. Although family members do it to me all the time.

Dazee Dreamer said...

He was probably trying to remember all the names in your family because I'm sure you introduced him, and because there are so many he had all those names going around in his head.

pssst: Jason, you owe me 25 bucks for that :)

lvs2dance said...

Ouch! I'm pretty shocked that he admitted that. LOL
Glad you can find humor in something that probably would have put me in tears when I was pregnant (or even possibly when I'm not)

Jason said...

Honey, I love you (even when you make me look really bad)!

You didn't mention the part you know all too well that I'm HORRIBLE with names. However I never got your name wrong, right? I just had to concentrate a micro fraction more during the first couple of weeks of marriage (I didn't mention that your name is tattooed on the inside of my eyelids...NOE LLE).

TortugaRachel said...

If it makes you feel any better, when I was pregnant, I actually forgot MY OWN middle name. I was filling out a form and looked at my husband and asked "what's my middle name?" He looked at me incredulously and said my middle name. I said thanks and finished the form. Later he asked me if I was serious and I had to admit that I was, in fact, very serious.