Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I'm Still Here...You'll Know When I'm Not


I didn't leave work last night until later than normal.
I wanted to make sure that everything was wrapped up and organized...
...you know, just in case.

I should have known better.
I'm guessing this little baby of mine is going to stay put for as long as she can.
I don't blame her...she's got it pretty good in there...
...what, with all the ice cream I feed her?
Which really isn't a lot...but it is summer...

Yesterday one of our employees walked into the office and saw me.
He said this:
"No me digas!!!  Mujer, todavia andas aca???"
Which translates into this:
"Don't tell me!  Woman, you're still here???"

My sister walked into my office, took one look at me and said,
"Just checking," and then she left.

Even people I've never met, who call in to ask a question, feel the need to tell me how tired I sound.

My lack of a post yesterday resulted in emails asking if Emily had been born.
The truth?
My lack of a post yesterday was because of two things:
-I had nothing to say
and
-I was having a bad day and didn't want that to shine through on the blog.

As unfair as it seems, little Emily's heart is not the biggest worry in my life right now.
It's not the worry that kept me up until 3 am the night before last...
and it's not the worry that had me in tears off and on all day yesterday.

As my mom...and my brother...reminded me yesterday...
It will all work out the way it is supposed to.
And I just need to trust that God is in charge of this too.

It's 9:15 am and I'm still in bed.
Jason is next to me reading the news.
What I should do is drag myself out of bed and go to work.
What I'm going to do is put this computer away and snuggle next to Jason for a little while.

Oh...and Jason?
He bought the waterproof mattress pad yesterday.
Just in case.



10 comments:

Sandra said...

You stay in bed if you want to and snuggle with your husband if you want to. Even if you were not waiting on a precious little one, we all need to take those days that our body/mind says stop! I need a break. Take the break and take care of yourself first.

And everyday she waits is a good thing for her. I loved being pregnant- even the high risk ones- but hated these last weeks when every day turned into a will she, won't she and everyone felt the need to ask.

Love you three! (oh, and I have something for you at my house. I'll drop it by later this week, k?)

wjmom said...

I love you. Just sayin'

TheBlogWriter8 said...

I've been thinking of you all day. I'm glad you'll let us know when you're going in. (Sounds lame, but I'll pray then.)

Why do you have to still go to work?

lvs2dance said...

I'm kinda bummed that you didn't take my advice on the 'perfect birth days'... oh well, Emily knows best, not an old high school friend. I thought for sure that you were in the hospital due to your lack of posting. Even when you have nothing to say you still post.... I hope that whatever had you down yesterday was fixed with your extra snuggle time with your hubby. Hugs to you!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I know I've mentioned that you have the sweetest husband ever, right. Well he is.

Big Hug.......

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Be gentle with yourself...no need to justify one non-blogging day or snuggling a bit longer with Jason on the waterproof mattress...Keep faith.
xoRobyn

Joann Mannix said...

Stay in the bed. there will be plenty of days (and nights) to come when Emily will be calling you out of that warm bed.

I'll be praying for you. Whatever it is, remember, it is all in God's hands.

Amy said...

:D Glad she's sitting around enjoying ice cream - somebody ought to be. I hope today is a better day.

Shan said...

I am looking forward to the day when Emily's heart is not your biggest worry because she's fine.

Hugs!

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

Hope today is a better day, Noelle. Hang in there!