Friday, July 8, 2011

I Simply Can't Think Of Anything Worthwhile To Blog About

I've realized recently that I can't just stand at the sink and brush my teeth.
I'll start out at the sink, but then I'll remember that the laundry needs to be switched...
Or I'll notice that the mirror needs to be cleaned...
...the garbage needs to be emptied...
...that shelf needs to be dusted...
...and so it goes until I've had the toothbrush in my mouth for at least 15 minutes.

This morning I forced myself to stand at the sink from the beginning to the end of the tooth brushing process.
It about drove me crazy.

Do you think there's help for this?

* * * * *

Yesterday were my second and third doctor's appointments of the week.
My mom asked how the non stress test went and I replied honestly.
"My fluid level is high, my blood pressure is low, and Emily's not breech today."

My regular doctor, who won't even be doing the delivery told me, "Well Miss Noelle, you're big enough to be having twins.  It's okay that you hurt as much as you do."
And then we discussed how the plan, as far as either of us know, is that I'll be induced sometime the last week of this month.
"I highly doubt you'll make it that long," was my doctor's opinion.
"You're far too big and your poor body can't handle much more."
Amen to that doctor.
Amen to that...

My heart beat goes a little nuts when I think about having a baby in a few weeks.
I'm not sure that I'm ready for all that might come...physically or emotionally.
I'll find out on Monday what the exact plan is.

* * * * *

And now that I've been awake for at least two hours I need a nap.
Jason agreed to attend an open house bridal shower with me tomorrow...simply because I don't want to drive myself there.
That man is a keeper.





7 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

I can't brush my teeth without getting toothpaste all down my hand and the brush. I'm a weirdo I guess. So I have to stand at the sink. It could be a real mess.

I can't believe you are getting so close.

TheBlogWriter8 said...

You are a warrior, I tell you! I'm proud of you. That's all I can think of saying. Enjoy Jason. :)

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

I do that toothbrush multi-tasking, too! I thought I was the only one. Can't help you with that-I haven't found a cure-but I would like to reassure you about all those mixed emotions you are heaving about the birth. I don't want to speak for everyone but I remember feeling all those things, too. You'll be great, though. I have every confidence in you.

Kerri said...

If it makes you feel better...I can't just stand at the sink and brush my teeth either....there is always something that needs to be done at that moment. I actually was helping my 3yo son get dressed one morning and realized I probably should have stayed in the bathroom over the sink when he looked up and said, "Mommy, why you 'pit on me?" I guess I had held the brush in my mouth too long by that point!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I do that (start one task and think of a gazillion more that need doing) all the time!

You are an amazing woman, Noelle, and you will handle whatever the future holds for you, with great grace and faith in the Lord!

Continuing to pray!

Cheeseboy said...

That's about how my last doctor's appointment went. At least that is what I told my mom.

le Chef said...

Oh hon....
I was checking in to see how you were doing. I'm kind of glad to see your teeth were the biggest problem ;)
I'm the same way. I've even lost my toothbrush while off doing other things. I've even found it in the greenhouse. Don't ask .. I don't remember.
On a side note; On both my pregnancies I had every problem in the book. Diabetes, toxemia, preeclampsia, so on and so forth. Even things I have no idea what they were talking about. Every day I had some test be it blood work, stress tests, whatever. Sometimes I think all the tests were worse than everything combined. I was so worn out, so run down to absolute nothing that I felt like one of those fading firework embers ...fading, fading, just about to blink out .. and some days I almost didn't care, as long as it just stopped. I just wanted it over. And when I was delivering my son things went very wrong ... but life has its own designs. Even when things are very hard, and you are so very worn down, and your little baby is so delicate; sometimes you discover how very blessed and cared for you are. Sometimes you actually feel the power of those prayers. I can't possibly tell you the outcome of anything, but I can tell you you are not alone in all this. A lot of people are rooting for you at this time. So while you wander around brushing your teeth remember that. ;) I'm really sending all my good mojo and prayers in your direction.
I have no idea why I just went off like that. Maybe you needed to hear it, maybe I just got all Mom on you - who knows. Either way ... hang in there .. and don't forget to floss.