Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Our Weekend Project


Here are the results of our crazy busy weekend.
Our crazy busy weekend that had me in a slightly bad mood last night.
I was so tired...and my feet hurt for how swollen they were...
And the curtains were giving us fits...
And at midnight I hit my wall and told Jason I had to go to bed before I said something I would regret.

This morning a nurse told me how impressed she was that I was handling everything so well.
Jason and I looked at each other and smiled and I told the nurse I wasn't handling everything so well and Jason agreed.  He said, "Actually, she's done."
Just a few more weeks and then I'll be done.

Anyway...
We have yet to find the perfect things to hang on the walls and we're waiting for a custom glider rocker we ordered 100 years ago...but other than that, the room is done.

The bead board and crown molding were done by my incredibly talented brother-in-law, and 90% of the clothes in the closet have been purchased by Emily's aunt Becca...
I think we've finally agreed that Becca has done far more than she needs to for this little one.

Without further ado:









23 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Well ... Emily will not be running around town naked! :) The room is lovely, Noelle! Have you looked into Vinyl Wall Art? There are some gorgeous pieces for babies rooms!

Amy said...

It's just so perfect!!!! I love it all.

Judy said...

Pretty sure that's one of the cutest nurseries I've ever seen! Love the colors and especially the curtains.

Hang in there Noelle...all your waiting and discomfort will be so worth it to bring that precious little girl into this world!

jer and lous crew said...

fit for a PRINCESS...LOVE IT...and so will Miss Emily as well...

Kerri said...

How pretty!! I love the green and purple, so fresh! The curtains are beautiful...loving the flowers in them!! Great job!!

-stephanie- said...

Very, very cute and your little girl will love it. Beautiful job, right down to the buying of all the sweet little outfits.

Kristin said...

Oh Noelle what a sweet, sweet room for your little girl! Did you check out Tidliwinks for the wall art?

singedwingangel said...

OH Noelle it is absolutely beautiful..

wjmom said...

I. Love. It! And holy cow, Becca! I hope you are working into the 2T and 3T range now...! :)

The Broderick Family Blog said...

I Love little Emily's room! The crib is adorable! The purple and green are so fun! We are praying for you guys! Hang in there!
~nicolette

Taylor said...

So cute! I love it!

Taylor said...

Love it! Nice job. :)

TortugaRachel said...

It's beautiful! I will email you with some wall decor ideas!!

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

It's beautiful, you guys. And that closet! Wow, Becca! We have the same crib and changing table for littleb. (He's slept in the crib about, oh, 20 nights in 4 years. We totally messed up with the sleeping routine.) I'm getting very excited for you.

Bridget said...

OH, it's so cute!! Emily is going to love it! :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

Here this will give you something fun to look at and dream over! :) http://www.rosenberryrooms.com/wall-stickers.html

If you would like to pick a color I would be delighted to order her name for you. Butterfly Dreams looks like it would be a good match for your decor. Let me know if you want one. :)

Love you, girlie!

Beth Zimmerman said...

You could do her name and the butterfly and then get a set or two of the coordinating flowers and butterflies. Would be really pretty!

TheBlogWriter8 said...

OMG! This is princess material! Beautiful. I love it! LOVE it!

rplatt said...

I don't think I will ever be done with little Emily - just so you know. :)

Joann Mannix said...

A gorgeous room awaits fair Emily. Love the soothing colors! She is one lucky little girl.

I just got back from vacation and I'm so relieved to see you're still hanging in there. More time for that sweet little bun in the oven is a good thing.

The nursery is beautiful.

Amanda said...

What a beautiful room! And I love the green shade.

lvs2dance said...

I love it! Little Emily will be the best dressed baby in town! Way to go Becca!

Erka said...

The room looks gorgeous, love it!