Monday, July 25, 2011

Show and Tell

Saturday found us in Salt Lake City shopping.
We had two goals:
-buy a laptop
-find something 'cute' for Emily's room

Jason has been slightly bothered by the room's lack of cuteness.
True story.
I have this thing about simplicity...
I love a bare wall.
I love a lack of 'things.'
I love open spaces of dirt more than I love a flower bed filled with color.
Strange?
Maybe.

We spent an hour in one store debating on cute things.
We finally settled on these - to hang in one corner of Emily's bedroom:

(picture found at www.potterybarnkids.com)


As for the other?
The computer?
Jason had that one entirely under control.
He knew exactly what computer I needed.
NEEDED.
Just ask him.


It's going to take me 12 years to figure out how to use it -
This little piece of machinery will allow me to work from anywhere I am.
And with the uncertainty of our very near future, this is a good thing.

When we finally got home several hours later I was exhausted.
I curled up on the couch and slept for an hour, while Jason set up the new computer.
I woke up long enough to say, "I'm going to bed."
Jason said I snored that night...
It's no wonder I haven't been grocery shopping in over a month.
It would take me two days to recover.

And really, I haven't been grocery shopping in over a month.
We buy milk, bread, and fruit.
My poor husband.
I'm going to drink a Coke today and hopefully that will give me the energy I need to survive the grocery store.
(And by drink a Coke I mean take a few swallows of the 32 oz Coke my sister bought me 4 days ago.)

It's a holiday here in the state of Utah.
You wouldn't know it by the fact that both Jason and I are working today.
But we'll close work early and then head to my sister's house for water fun and food.
Jason bought a pinata for the kids...
It's no wonder they love him.


9 comments:

Kristin said...

Holiday?? How come we don't have a holiday today in California??? I think I live in the wrong state...

Love the butterflies, although I really love anything from PBK! They will be the perfect addition to Emily's room! :)

Singedwingangel said...

I think the decorations are perfect, soft and dainty like little miss emily will be...rest mama and don't feel guilty

TheBlogWriter8 said...

Cuteness galore! The girls in the neighborhood are already jealous of Emily's wardrobe, I bet! Doting Daddy, I like. :)

The computer is stunning! Me wants.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Those wall hangings are adorable! Absolutely perfect!

Dazee Dreamer said...

Love the addition to emily's room. so very cute. And I'm a smide jealous of you new computer. It will be perfect as a go anywhere thing.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Looks like an unbelieveably great computer and decoration for Em's room - not too busy, not too complex.
Be well and keep faith, Noelle.
xoRobyn

Joann Mannix said...

The decorations are adorable. My sister has the same ones in her daughter's room.

And as for the Mac? We are a Mac family. There are no PC's in this house, because of my Mac crazy husband. On the first day, he bequeathed me with my laptop, I hated it. He came home from work and sat down and showed me how to use it and I have been in love ever since. Mac makes sense. A PC trains your thoughts one way, while a Mac is just all common sense, once you learn it. Trust me, you'll love it.

Heather said...

I am glad to know ya'll are hanging in there. I have been wondering about you for days. (My kids won't let me on the computer...they are bigger than me.)

I love the decor. It is cute and plain - my favorite combo!

le Chef said...

Ahhh yes, Pioneer Days.
It's a Mac hon. Turn it on and magic happens. It'll take you 12 minutes, if. You don't have to think or figure it out, it does that for you. Sit back, and enjoy what computers are suppose to be.
Did you know Microsoft runs on Mac? ... well, they do.
Heaven ... also Mac.
(Like Windows could handle it. "Earth; File Not Found" .. I don't think so.)

Your Coke habit sounds like mine, only it's a diet Coke habit. I may have 1 or 2 swallows of a 12 oz. My husband is a fiend though.
Word of advice; In Kindergarten my son drew a family portrait and the teacher wrote in what everyone was doing. For years I had teased my husband about his "coke habit". His DIET Coke habit. After drawing his dad with what looked like a huge straw up to his face my son told his teacher that was his dad and he has a coke habit.
I got a phone call.
Clarify to your children when mommy and daddy are teasing each other, and maybe don't joke about coke habits.
That can get weird.
Just FYI for future reference.