Sunday, July 17, 2011

There's A Chance...


Do you want to know something funny?
Or not so funny?
Jason and I are clueless about this 'we're going to have a baby business.'

There's a chance I'm in labor.
There's a chance I'm not too, but we don't know for sure.
And so we're just hanging out...wondering if the back pain/contractions are regular enough to be considered labor, or random enough to not be.

I just took a warm bath and now we're waiting...
...for something.
We may head to the hospital and ask them to check me, just to be sure, before we make the hour drive to the hospital where I'm supposed to deliver.

Or we may just go to sleep and get up and go to work tomorrow.
It's hard to say.
What isn't hard to say?
I think Emily knows something is going on.
She's been CRAZY  today.

When I know something you'll know something.
Deal?

12 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh Noelle!!! I'm so excited, nervous, scared and EXCITED for you!!! I can't wait to hear more news!!!

Sam said...

Thinking of you, sending prayers your way!

lvs2dance said...

Hmmmmm. I agree, it sounds like something! Lol. Well I think that tomorrow is the perfect day to have a baby! I should know I had baby number three on that day (July 18). Or if that day doesn't work out then the next day is also a good day to have a baby... I had baby Baby number two on THAT day (July 19). So I have given you TWO very fine options! Lol. Good luck my friend! Can't wait to see if you take me up on this advice! I'll be praying for both you and sweet little Emily to have a safe arrival!

Shan said...

I'm hoping the fact that no comments are posted yet is because you made that trek, my dear.

Sending you love, peace and hope, and waiting for the good news of Emily.

Kelly Howard said...

Waiting and praying!

Kerri@a simple princess said...

Keeping you in my prayers!!

Brynn said...

AAAHHHHH! Good luck!

Joann Mannix said...

Deal.

I will tell you, Noelle, although it's probably past time for advice right now, that my first labor went just like what you've described. I had no idea because it was so intermittent and it never got to any sort of regular intervals. We finally just ended up going in. First babies like to keep you on your toes, I think.

Love and luck, hugs and kisses and lots and lots of prayers. I'll be waiting eagerly for any news.

Cox Family said...

5-1-1 When your contractions are five minutes apart, last one minute and that lasts for one hour (at least, on the first we were told it should be several hours). We wrote down times because I couldn't ever keep track of how far apart they were. Good luck, we can't wait to hear what happens and we can't wait to meet Emily in a couple of weeks.

Amy said...

:D When in doubt call your mom. I hope all is going well this morning - whatever "all" is.

Singedwingangel said...

All 3 of my boys were back labor babies.. and active in between. So be careful and go find out at least

TheBlogWriter8 said...

Oh my Holy Heaven! Am I late? Is she out?