Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Can't Believe It's Finally Time

I wish I had something profound to say.
I don't...I can't even fake profound.
Jason and I sat on the couch tonight discussing where we will be Wednesday night at the same time.
We'll be in a hospital room, where I'll probably be hooked to an IV.
We'll be surrounded by doctors and their students (unless I say 'no students in the room').
And we'll be hoping and praying for the very best possible outcome.

I'm guessing that we won't meet Emily until sometime early Thursday morning.
It's been a long time coming...this introduction.
Saying that, I realize that 9 months is 9 months...it's not any longer for me than it is for any other mother waiting for their own introduction.
But somehow...in some ways...this wait has seemed an eternity.
Uncertainty will do that.

Jason told me tonight that he is more excited than nervous.
I told him, with tears in my eyes, that I'm more nervous than excited.
He held my hand and told me it was okay that I felt that way.

It's been months...and months...of praying, of pleading, of hoping, of doubting, of questioning...
...and through it all...of loving Emily and trusting that God is in charge and He knows what's best - for Emily and for her mom and dad.

I don't know if I can say thank you enough.
To all of you -
-You who have prayed on our behalf
-You who have sent messages of love and encouragement
-You who have been there for us through our journey

We have felt the strength of your prayers and our lives have been blessed because of each of you.

When I post next, it will be to introduce all of you to our little Emily.
Until then, this mommy would appreciate one ... or a few more prayers ... 

22 comments:

-stephanie- said...

Eeek, I'm excited for you!
I will be praying for God's best in all of this. Can't wait to meet your little Emily. :o)

Taylor said...

I am praying!!! Thinking of you today! I am so happy you get to meet your sweet baby today! What a blessing she is to you! :)
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."
Lamentations 3:22-23
"Cast all your cares on him because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

Jamie said...

First...God LOVES YOU MOST (&BEST)
Second...I love you all!!!
Third...Dear Precisous Heavenly Father. I come to you right now, praying and interceeding for Jason, Noelle and Emily. You word gives us strength that You knit us in the womb, you know the number of hairs on our head, and that we are creaated to bring GLORY to You. Lord, I pray for the doctor's wisdom and discression. I pray for the nurses and their compassion. I pray for Noelle, and her endurance, her love and her PEACE...give her the peace that surpasses all understanding, as you are fully in control, and she is safe in your strength. I pray for Emily, as she enters this world. That she will know love from the first breath she takes. She is a very special little girl, but You are fully aware of how beautiful you made her.
Give them rest this evening, as You prepare them for this journey. Help them to sleep in Your arms and find comfort in knowing You are in control. In Your Son's Most Heavenly Name I pray...Amen.

Sam said...

I can't believe it's finally time. I know it has felt like forever to us readers on pins and needles waiting for Emily's arrival, and so I can't imagine how long it has felt for you. Praying that everything goes smoothly, and that you'll be holding your sweet little Emily before you know it! xoxo

Amy said...

Prayers coming your way. I can hardly wait to meet little Elimy. And I hope the whole experience is simply beautiful for all of you.

Amanda said...

You and Emily are in my thoughts and prayers

Big hugs.

Sandra said...

Love to all of you. And prayers being sent. I will think of you're little family as I go through my day.

(and Jason is right, it is ok to feel that way)

Kathy Giaquinta said...

I somehow stubbled across your blog a few months ago...and keep coming back to check in on you and your little Emily....Lots of prayers have been and will continue to be sent up for your family

Meghan said...

I am so excited for you! Good luck!

Dazee Dreamer said...

oh I will be praying, don't you worry. And you have been in my thoughts all week. Love you

Bossy Betty said...

Oh, Sugar. I am praying for you all. I have goosebumps! Emily is a blessed little girl. Can't wait to hear about it all.

Heather said...

Definite prayers for you and your little family. I know you will do great.

Bridget said...

Lots of prayers to you and Emily and Jason! You are amazing! Cant wait to hear that you are gazing in the eyes of your little angel girl! Xoxoxo

wjmom said...

My heart and my prayers have gone to heaven for you for MONTHS now, and that will continue to be the case. I'm so excited for your perfect little family and can hardly wait to meet "our" Elimy! :)

Best wishes for today (and tomorrow and tomorrow after that and...)!

TheBlogWriter8 said...

Hun, this gave me chills. I'm praying, okay? Be good. We're going to ace this thing! We just are. Oh, and I love you! Be good. Push away when you need to. I'll be wishing and hoping for a beautiful healthy pink baby!

Shan said...

Your entire family is in my heart. I am waiting patiently as possible for the good word.

With love,

Shan :+)

Mom on a Line said...

Thinking of you all and sending lots of heart hugs.

Lalis said...

I'll definitely be praying for all three of you tonight. Remember who you are and who your Father in Heaven is. Much love, Noelle! Can't wait to hear all about little Emily.

Kerri@a simple princess said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Jason and Emily! Bless you!

Erka said...

Thinking of you and Emily, and Jason too! Tomorrow I will ask my four year old to say a prayer for Emily too. Children just have a way with their prayers, don't you think? Looking forward to seeing an update!

Julie said...

It's Wednesday evening, 9:44 and I am saying the biggest prayer for you and Emily and hubby and all. Please Lord do take care of this family. I can't wait. Bless you my dear friend.

cathyjoy said...

Definitely sending prayers your way!

Can't wait to meet little Emily!