Thursday, August 25, 2011

I Need A Nanny...Or A Maid...Or Just A Nap

I think you should trust me when I tell you that my house has never been messier.
And last night, in the middle of the mess, practically every person I know came to visit.
They all brought food.
When Jason woke up from his nap he came down to more food than he's seen our whole marriage.
I'm pretty sure he thought it was like Christmas.

Two days ago I lost it...physically, emotionally, mentally...
It was so bad Jason called my mom.
"Noelle needs you," he said.
My mom came and spent a few hours with me.
But more importantly, she spent time with Emily so that I could take a much needed nap.
That night Jason sent me to bed at 10:00pm and said, "Don't get out of bed until tomorrow.  I'm on baby duty."
Jason spent the entire night caring for Emily while I slept obliviously in the other room.
That man I am married to is amazing.

There's a song we teach children in our church.
It's called, "I Am A Child of God."

The words are:

I am a child of God, and He has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me.
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do, to live with Him some day.

I was singing this song to Emily yesterday and couldn't finish it.
As I was singing I realized that I was also making a plea to my Heavenly Father.
"Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way..."
As I said the words over and over again, I felt peace.
Emily is His daughter, and I know that He will help both Jason and I do what's best for her.

Speaking of Emily...
She just finished her bottle.
All of it.
Without the feeding tube.
It's going to be a good day.

15 comments:

Bridget said...

Hooray for an awesome hubby, great mommy and good news in the feeding department! We will keep praying for y'all. :)

Dazee Dreamer said...

yay Emily. We knew you could do it.

You guys are an amazing family and with your faith, you can do it.

plus, hormones are all changing right now. oh, I remember them well.

adrienzgirl said...

There is nothing needed more for a new Mommy than sleep. When your sweet husband and your Mom, or anyone can give you time to get that rest you take it my dear!

Everything, even the screaming unsettled colic seems bearable after some sleep.

It'll get easier, I promise.

Joann Mannix said...

Yay Emily!

I wish I could be there to wrap my arms around you and let you know you're not alone.

But you already know that, with the incredible support system you have.

Don't worry about the mess. Truly. Focus on that precious little girl, that child of God who was given to you for a very special reason.

God Bless your Jason. That, my girl, is a good man.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other. God is helping you with each step.

TheBlogWriter8 said...

Ah! Goodie-good day, this is, indeed! :) Yay for food and Mom.

sarah said...

small victories. Be grateful for them, mark them on the calendar and remember them always because there are going to be days that these small victories will be all that get you through. Praise the Lord she ate an entire bottle!
I remember the day when I was grateful my son ate an entire small chocolate cookie. Small victories make for a large wonderful life!

Jilly Bean said...

I didn't see a mess, just a beautiful baby and mommy. Thanks for letting us stop by! Emily is beautiful and you looked WONDERFUL!

Brynn said...

Glad mom and Jason came to the rescue. Don't stress about the messy house. You need to take care of you first and the house will eventually get cleaned.

A said...

Keep your head up! Enjoy that beautiful daughter of yours and know that so many people are praying for her and you guys!

The Chicken's Consigliere said...

It is a great day. Get some sleep, you. Happy baby days.

Singedwingangel said...

OH mommy I can remember those days, and mine didn't have the worries attached as Emily does. Score for the hubby who stepped up and did the daddy thing so you could do yourself some serious rest and relaxation.

le Chef said...

LOL, hon, new babies are on par with new messes. Give it about three months and you'll start to catch up. Don't even bat an eye or loose a second of your day worrying about it. As for the mommy hormones and fatigue - SLEEP. Every chance you get. Eat healthy. Ask for help when needed. I am so glad Jason is aware of your needs - that is indeed a good man. - Understand he'll have his moments too ;)

I've found myself singing that song during some rather strange times in my life. Funny where the mind goes for comfort.

Keep singing.

Amy said...

Go Em!!!

Mom on a Line said...

So glad you are getting help. But more importantly, so very happy to read about the bottle!!! I hope many more followed (and even if they didn't, doing it once means she'll do it again)! Yippy!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I need that song on autoplay in my life right now too! I love you, sweet girl!