Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Yesterday's Conversation With Trouble

I had just taken a drink of something my brother Ben left on my desk.
Trouble saw the face I made.

"Is it gross?" Trouble asked.
"Yeah, it's gross," I replied.

"That's cause it's probably worm goobers."
"Worm goobers?" I asked.
"Why would it be worm goobers?"

"Ben eats worms," Trouble said with a matter of fact tone.
"Trouble, how do you know Ben eats worms?" I asked.

She looked at me with a serious look and said, "My great-great-great grandpa told me all about Ben."

I would have laughed right out loud...except I was too tired to muster that much energy.
I love that girl.

6 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

hahaha. oh my gosh, that is funny

Lalis said...

She. Is. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

You're already back at work? Why am I not as surprised as I should be.

xoxo
~Lewie

Julie said...

Just caught back up. So glad Emily is home and you are all a happy family. Tired yes but all will be fine and work out wonderfully. I am so proud of you guys.
Take care and God Bless!

Lush wall papers said...

Hi Noelle,

Just found a link to your blog from another mommy blog. I am so touched by you, your hubby and your adorable baby girl Emily.

I am writing this from Kenya somewhere in Africa just to let you know you have another prayer warrior here for your and your lovely family.

God has big plans for Emily's future I am just convinced of that. And I am also convinced that you will impact in other people's lives with your blog. I'm glad you know God because with Him you have all it takes.

hugs!!

le Chef said...

And just like that normalcy reappeared. Welcome back. :)