Sunday, September 18, 2011

Missing Our Baby Girl


Jason and I are sad.
Plain and simple.
Our baby is sick and she's in pain and we hate it.

She is being kept sedated and she is on a continuous morphine drip.
As of today the infection hadn't gotten any worse but hadn't improved either.

Her body is fighting like it should but the infection is a bad one.

*Sigh*

If there is one bright spot it's that we are catching up on our sleep.
But we would trade our sleep for our baby any day.

It will probably be Thursday before we can even think about bringing her home.

How about I end with something funny.
My parents have a cricket living somewhere inside their house.
Every morning when my mom's alarm clock goes off the cricket answers it, and spends the next several minutes chirping.
Whenever I think about it I laugh.


5 comments:

Singedwingangel said...

Noelle, God has got this have no doubt. Prayers of saints have surrounded Emily from before she was conceived, that's a whole lot of protection.. rest in God's lap and know that He has time to stroke your hair and let you cry, all while holding Emily beneath the healing flow of Jesus..

Mindy said...

Noelle,
Last Wednesday was the last post I had read. I'm so sorry to hear about little Emily's infection. We will keep her in our prayers. And you and your sweetheart as well. One thing is for sure...... she is a fighter. You guys are amazing. Keep up the good work. I'm glad you are catching up on your sleep.... and I'm so glad you have your mom and sisters to get everything out that you need to..... so you can carry on!! <3 I can bring you food, or clean... whatever you need.

Dazee Dreamer said...

wow, crickets are so annoying. Your poor mom.

Your little Emily will be home before you know it.

Mary said...

Hang in there girl.

le Chef said...

Crickets are a symbol of Luck.

I tell myself this every time one of my son's crickets escape, only to jump out at me on the stairs.

Even in the chaos of life we find those little things that put a smile on our face. All things considered, cricket songs aren't that bad. I think it's kind of sweet; singing to the alarm clock. :)