Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dear Lalis, I Stole Your Post

Emily had a visitor Thursday night.
Emily's visitor brought her a gift.
Emily's visitor is a blog friend...a blog friend I've yet to meet in person.
Emily's visitor, Lalis, wrote a letter for Emily and posted it on her blog.
I wanted to share it with you.


Color Pencil Goodness for Emily

I'd like to think that Baby Emily is my friend. She's really my friend Noelle's baby and she's a special little one. This post is for her.

Dear Emily,

A few nights ago you received a furry present. It looks something like the picture, but prettier. Much prettier. I picked a bunny because, well... bunnies are my favorite animal. But don't worry, when you grow up you can pick your favorite animal and I won't mind if it isn't a bunny.


This bunny is special because she has a heart inside of her.


Before I placed the heart inside the bunny, I had to do some special magic. I had to shake it to give it a heartbeat, rub it on my head so it will always have good thoughts, rub it on my heart so it will always have good feelings...


And to seal the magic, I had to give it a big kiss and make a very special wish. And my wish for you? That you'll always be able to smile.


Just like I made all that special magic for that little bunny heart, someone very special has made sure that your heart is perfect for you. Your heart is more than what the doctors will tell you. It's about your feelings and thoughts. In the eyes of your Creator, you are just what you should be. Beautiful, perfect Emily, with a Mommy and a Daddy who love you very much. And that is all that matters.

* * * * *

Emily snuggled with her bunny today.
I'm pretty sure she's going to love it.
Lalis, thank you for loving my little girl.


9 comments:

Kelly Howard said...

Some folks are just plain AWESOME! Still praying!

Bridget said...

I don't know who Lalis is, but I'm pretty sure she is an angel. :) So beautiful! All of it! And just perfect.

Lalis said...

You copied my blog?!?! *GASP!* Just kidding.
I kinda laughed when I realized that bunny was bigger than Emily... :P One day she'll actually be able to snuggle with her, hehe.

Mom on a Line said...

That is so sweet. I love it!

Judy said...

What an adorable bunny and what an incredible physical testament for your Emily to always know how loved she is by people all over the world.

Kristina Carter said...

Beautiful letter.

You look just like Tiffany in this pic!

Dazee Dreamer said...

that is the sweetest thing ever. I bet Emily will love that bunny to pieces.

TheBlogWriter8 said...

Aww! How adorable is that?! I love this!

le Chef said...

Oh my goodness, that bunny is as big as she is! I love it! What a wonderful, heartfelt gift.

People are thinking of you - always.

{{hugs}}