Thursday, November 10, 2011

By Small and Sometimes Not So Small Things...

Should a girl feel special when she gets her very own letter from the IRS?
The answer is no.
The girl should feel picked on because the letter will likely say she owes a lot of money.

Once I bought a house.  The state paid a small portion of the down payment through a grant program.
At the time,  I was told I didn't need to claim the grant money on my taxes.
I guess I was told wrong.

Last night I sat on my couch going through bills and writing my response letter to the IRS.
I was calculating our hospital expenses and thinking of the reality that Emily may very well be in the hospital through November.
I was just getting off the couch to go in search of chocolate when my phone chimed, telling me I had a new email.
I opened it to find that a dear friend of mine had made a very generous donation to Emily's heart fund.
Instead of eating chocolate I sat and cried.
Five minutes later my phone chimed again.
It was another very generous donation from another friend...one I haven't seen in years.

A few minutes after that Jason walked in the door carrying a package that had been delivered to the hospital.

These were inside:





Jackie at The Cookie Corner sent them .  The colors represent strength, hope, courage and faith.  Not only are they beautiful to look at, they are delicious!  When Jason saw that I was going to eat one he said, "But they're so pretty!"

I don't know how I'll ever begin to thank you all enough for the love and kindness you show us...but know that we're grateful...so so grateful.

9 comments:

Of One Heart said...

I'm thanking God for all the love in your life and I'm hoping for more! Enjoy those pretty cookies. I'm enjoying Emily for a bit. :)

Venassa said...

Ugh sorry you're stuck dealing with the IRS right now. You don't need that.
Wow.. I never thought I'd say cookies are gorgeous, but they are. What a nice surprise to get.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm wishing the IRS would misplace my address too, Noelle! Hugs!

TortugaRachel said...

You are loved, Noelle, just know this and be wrapped in it.

Kim said...

Ohhh the blessings keep coming! Thank the Lord!!!
Do you have a mailing address for me to send a little something I have for Emily?

Baby Sister said...

You have nice friends. And how sweet of Jackie to send those cookies!!

-stephanie- said...

With all the garbage going on in the world, it's nice to know there are still nice people out there. The cookies look delicious, but yeah...too pretty to eat. But now that you have pictures of them, eat away.
Hugs to you and snuggles to our sweet baby girl.

le Chef said...

Oh hon - I'm laughing, but only because the IRS just sent us a pretty letter too. Their timing is ... well, there isn't a nice word for that.
Seems our CPA was MIA on a few crucial points.
The timing ... I can relate. Certainly NOT what one needs this time of year.

It will get better.

It WILL.

Enjoy your cookies, and your little Emily. I'm sorry she's still in the hospital, but she's getting stronger. Know we're still praying for you.

Nikki said...

Oh Noelle! I have been MIA for some time now and just caught myself up on your blog. I'm praying and PRAYING for your family. What wonderful friends you have!

**HUGS**