Jason and I are up late watching the finale of Survivor.
I googled Survivor to see who won...I can't handle waiting another hour.
We went to the hospital this morning thinking that we would be bringing Emily home with us.
Tonight we left her sleeping in her hospital bed.
We've come to a crossroads and we're uncertain about where to go from here.
Emily is being fed 100% by a feeding tube.
She's been given permission to drink from a bottle if she will.
The formula she's on was never made to be taken orally, and it tastes horrible. I know because I tried it.
My little lady refuses to drink the formula. I don't blame her.
But here's the thing.
Emily hasn't had a single issue with her gut since we put her on this formula.
We're not completely convinced that the change of formula is what fixed everything, but it could be a big factor.
So...do we forget the bottle for now and leave her on the feeding tube or do we take a chance, hoping that her gut problems are in the past and give her a bottle with a different formula that tastes better?
Today we made the decision to keep giving her the nasty formula through her feeding tube, and give her a better tasting formula in her bottle. Emily didn't reject the bottle...in fact, I think she liked it, although she didn't drink very much.
She's still in the hospital tonight because we're watching her gut. We will give her another bottle in the morning and then go from there.
I am so nervous about this decision.
We're risking the health of Emily's gut ... but we have to be willing to take the risk if we don't want Emily to still have a feeding tube when she goes on her first date.
And who knows if any of that even made sense.
Here's hoping that you haven't eased up on your prayers for our little Elimy...we've got a few more hurdles to get over.