Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Emily's Concert

It's been a lazy morning at our house.
Life has a way of suffocating us sometimes...and I think the last four months and now Emily's upcoming surgery have affected Jason and me in different ways.
We were up late ... late ... talking about balance, and expectations, and the need for patience and then more patience, and especially the need to remember that this time in our life won't last forever.
Thankfully Emily slept until 9 am and allowed Mommy and Daddy to sleep in.
Today is the first day that I can remember where we haven't rushed to shower and get ready for the day.
In fact, I made pancakes from scratch and Jason and I just enjoyed breakfast together while Emily was taking a nap.

Jason is not thrilled with the video I'm posting today.  I told him he owed me and so I was posting it regardless of his hesitance.
You should be proud.  I created a YouTube account, and uploaded this video all. by. myself.
I amaze myself sometimes.

Emily is a lucky little girl.
She gets her own personal concerts ... front row seat even ... all from the comfort of her home.
She even gets to wear her pajamas.  I think that's acceptable when the musician is also in his pajamas.

You don't have to watch the whole thing to see the tenderness of this scene.
Jason didn't know I was recording him and at the end of the video he looked at me and said "You're recording this???"

We'll make it...my little family.  We're going to come through this and be stronger for it.


8 comments:

Kelly Howard said...

Words cannot express how beautiful it was to watch this! Thank you for sharing your tender moments with us. You guys are amazing!

Kim Molnar said...

What an amazing video! I swear that I see Emily's little foot tapping along. :-)

God bless your sweet little family...

Kim said...

That was an amazing video and I am so proud of you for getting it uploaded, I know it can be complicated! Emily loooked so content, she will grow so fond of these special moments together with her and her daddy!!

Of One Heart said...

Ah, thank you for this video Noelle! For the record, I failed at uploading a video to youtube a month ago- I still don't know why. :/ BUT this was fun! It felt like we got to just sit and enjoy Jason strumming and singing in your living room. I'd say it felt nice and Christmasy. Thank you, Jason!

Good luck to all of us for the surgery. Our lil Em will come out of it shining, bright and happy, dancing in your arms. It's going to be a great new year for all of us! SOON!

Lalis said...

That video is about the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time. Thank you for letting us see it.

(And I also loved seeing little Emily moved and wobble in her chair - so cute! Gosh dang it, I love her!)

Bridget said...

Precious, precious, precious!!
We will be keeping Emily, her surgeons, and you guys in our prayers!

Elizabeth said...

Those are two of my all-time favorite songs. Lucky girl! You have a beautiful family.

xo -E

The Cookie Corner said...

I just love how her little feet are moving and for the first couple of minutes she's just sucking her paci like a mad woman! Sweet moments! She is a lucky girl!