Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Fast Track...For Once


It was two years ago yesterday that Jason proposed to me.
In the last two years I think we have been through enough 'hard' to last our entire marriage.
...in my humble opinion...

Our Emily was moved out of the ICU this morning.
Jason and I are in awe of how fast this process is going.
Fast is not normally in Emily's vocabulary.

No one dares give us a time frame for when we can take her home but the goal is to have her home for Christmas.
Our hang up will be with Emily's feeding, as is usually the case, but even with that we are all cautiously optimistic.

They had her incision uncovered for a few minutes this morning while they were removing one of her drain tubes.  This little lady has been through a war.


This whole business of Emily being born with a heart defect was not part of the plan.
And even though it's been a part of our lives now for four months, there are days it still doesn't seem real.
And then there are days where the reality of it just hurts.
That will probably never go away completely.

BUT...
The one thing I've learned more than anything else through this experience is that God always provides exactly what you need to get you through even the biggest of plan changes.

 I'll always be grateful for that.

Thank you ... all of you ... for being part of what God gave us to get us through.


6 comments:

Of One Heart said...

You see that little mouth of hers? It's cute. Very cute.

Tell the ward nurses not to love her too much. She's going home.

Happy 2nd anniversary of sorts!

Kisses to heal Em's scar.

xoxo

Shan said...

Fast track to healed sounds like an amazing Christmas gift!

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad that her recovery is going so well. She is such a sweet baby. Thank you for sharing her with us.

xo -E

Anonymous said...

Even with all the tubes and wires, her beauty shines through! (I'd give a lot to have those eyelashes)

I hope you are all three home soon, and your Christmas will be one of peace and gratitude for your lovely family.


... Leslie

Nan said...

I think it was two years ago, my husband Britt (Barton) and I met you up on the mountain in Monticello when Jason brought you up there. We were up there with our kids on our annual Christmas Tree Hunt, and I remember thinking, "Wow, Jason has snagged himself a supermodel!" I still think you are gorgeous, even though I am sure it can be hard to take time for yourself.

I just wanted to let you know our family has been praying for you and your sweet little Emily. We see Jason's parents all the time at the temple, and they have been keeping us updated. His mom is the one who sent us here to your blog. I hope you don't mind, I have linked to it on my blog. I kind of feel like maybe we can direct even more prayers your way.

Congratulations on the good news!

Bridget said...

Her little heart has been through so much! And because of that, I can't even imagine what your own heart has been through Noelle! You are both fighters. It is great to hear she is progressing so well! And possibly home for Christmas??? We will pray so very hard!!