Thursday, December 1, 2011

I Should Sleep When It's Night Time


Take a look at this:


It's what I left behind at the salon today...
...and it's mostly volume, not length.
The older I get I realize just how clueless I am about life.
I had no idea you could take a razor to your hair and walk away 10 pounds lighter.

After I go and buy the $4,000.00 worth of product it will take to make my hair look good,
and figure out if I am finally mature enough to handle a round brush,
I'll take a picture.
Maybe.


Jason is working late again.
Emily is tucked in again...or at least until she has her next blow out and we have to have a complete wardrobe/bedding change.
And I am folding and putting away all of the clothes that no longer fit Emily.
It's kind of sad actually.
She didn't get a chance to wear many of her 0-3 month old clothes, and now they are all too small.

Equally sad is that she has a drawer full of adorable 3-6 month old clothes that she probably won't wear either.
Due to multiple diaper blow outs in a day we have resorted to dressing Emily in clothes that don't have to go over her head.
It's too much of a hassle to disconnect the feeding tube and her oxygen every time we want to dress or undress her.
In case you wanted to know, there aren't many outfits that button or zip.


The other day when I mentioned my inability to find a dainty necklace several of you suggested I look on Etsy.
Do you know me?
I almost had to Google Etsy to see what it was you were talking about.
Almost.
I Etsied necklaces for an hour.
Have you seen how many necklaces there are on Etsy?
Have you?
Good night nurse.
In the end I didn't find one that jumped out at me.

Also too?
Pintrest?
Pininterest?
Pin whatever it is?
What is it?
On this one I really am clueless.
In my mind I can see my little sister rolling her eyes.


I was at the store when Jason called me.
"Mommy, Emily is bored with her toys.  In fact I think just looking at them makes her want to dry heave.    Can you find a new toy for her?"
I looked and looked.
I couldn't find anything that wasn't like something she already had.
Except for this:


In my next life I'm so going to be a photographer.

Obviously she has to grow a bit...and I swear she smiles.
All I want to say is it's a good thing she's not spoiled.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.
In our world we're going to decorate a tree.
Three of my sisters are coming to help.
Sisters...the world needs more of them.










8 comments:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Pinterest. let me define....

It will teach you how to make the toy...and take the great photo.

I'm addicted. ( which means that my house may/may not start to look like Applebee's)

wjmom said...

Pinterest is simply a place where you create electronic bulletin boards of things you love. You can pin from the internet or from other people's boards. It doesn't sound like much, but it's seriously addicting. You've been warned.

Also, we have a sister missionary here who found a crystal pendant she loved, but she couldn't find the right chain. So for 12 years she has been putting it on fishing line (with a clasp from the jewelry-making section of the craft store). It is seriously beyond beautiful, this little crystal hanging invisibly at her throat. Just an idea.

Elizabeth said...

May I suggest a solution to the frequent blow-outs? A bigger size of diapers :D.

xo -E

Baby Sister said...

I'm not rolling my eyes...it might have made me chuckle, but there was no eye rolling. Do you have a pinterest? Because in order to share in the awesomeness that is pinterest you have to be invited. I will invite you and then teach you all about it tonight. :)

Allison said...

We have the same jumper--Emerson LOVEs it. Hope Emily does too :)

Venassa said...

You must feel lighter with all that hair gone!
She is too sweet! Her new toy looks awesome.

Joann Mannix said...

What I would give for that hair. Can I just take that hair from the floor and glue it to my head? Seriously.

I won't do the Pinterest because I don't need any more time sucks in my life. I've come to the conclusion that there is a workshop probably full of elves, somewhere in the internet, where all they do is think up more technology time sucks. Every time I turn around there's something else. I'm trying to get off the ferris wheel, not add more spins.

And that little girl is the absolute sweetest. Her new toy looks like a winner.

And yes, how do people function without sisters? I have no idea what I would do without mine.

Of One Heart said...

Dear girl who once wrote and drew for me on Fridays,

Listen to me. You do NOT need even a dollar worth of nonsense to brighten up your awesomeness. FACT.

Emily will grow up to dress her dolls and younger siblings in those 0-3/6 month clothes. Keep them handy.

With Pinterest, you and me are on the same page. Feel 10 years younger already? I hope you do!

You see that gorgeous ball in this picture here? Kiss her on the head for me, will you? Mwahhh!!