Saturday, December 17, 2011

We've Made It Official


Emily's personal mascot is the pink elephant.
How can it not be after you see this picture?


She's got her elephant binky in her left hand and her elephant blanket in her right hand.
She curled up with that elephant blanket all on her own.
A friend of mine brought me a hand carved elephant from Africa while I was still pregnant with Elimy.

"This is for Emily," she said.  "Elephants are known to have really strong hearts."

If you happen to see a pink elephant Emily can't live without let me know!

That Emily of ours?
She's a different baby.
She smiles the world's biggest smiles, she talks, she laughs, she kicks her legs and waves her arms...

My mom and I decided tonight that the world would be a better place if everyone could have heart surgery and come out a week later a happier person.

That little lady...I wish you all could meet her.
She would fix even the most broken of hearts.

That's all.






7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can't believe how big she is getting. And she does look happier somehow, like she's got a little more life in her.

Also, pink elephants? How can you go wrong. So adorable.

xo -E

Kim Molnar said...

Oh, Noelle...I can personal attest to the fact that Emily (and you) DO fix broken hearts. Every time I see her beautiful little face, I am filled with joy.

-Kim

Of One Heart said...

When can I meet this pink-elephant-holding heart doctor? I think I need her services to stay happy, too!!

p.s. It's also a set of fabulous genes that make her as awesome as she is, don't you think? ;)

Kristine said...

What a special little girl. I love, love the line about being happy a week after heart surgery. So sweet.

Shan said...

Love your mom's thinking! I'm so excited to hear how great Elimy is doing... that's the best part of my day, and it's been a pretty good day.

TortugaRachel said...

My daughter LOVES elephants. She loves them so much that she collects them the way I do turtles. Elimy is in great company with her elephant adoration. I know my Bean prays for your baby, and now they have another thing that will connect them.

Oh, and elephants show love more expressive than humans and tend to be more compassionate!

wjmom said...

My heart is feeling better already...