Monday, January 16, 2012

Bathing Beauty

Jason and I went on a date.
I know.
Miracles still happen.

My sister came and played with Emily while we went to a movie.
I only texted her four times during the movie.
I know.
Impressive.

Emily has a big day coming up tomorrow.
We are meeting with an immunologist in the morning, and a GI doctor in the afternoon.
How many of you get to meet with an immunologist?
The little miss will probably get her T-Cell levels checked.
Here's hoping her immune system is behaving.

The GI doctor...
...that's a bigger story.

A bigger story I'll tell you all about once I have the ending.
And if it doesn't end with 'happily ever after' well, Emily and I are going to be mad at the world.

But don't worry.
We talked about being mad at the world last night, after we changed the tape on Emily's feeding tube, and while Emily really was mad at the world.
We agreed that it's okay to be mad at the world, but not forever.
Our limit is three days.
And we can only be mad for three days if the offense against us is BIG.
Changing the tape is BIG in Emily's world.
Ideally, we're going to try to not be mad at the world at the same time.
Emily can have a day and then I'll have a day.
But...
When Emily throws up in the morning, all over everything...
Well...
You can all be mad at the world with us.

Dear GI Doctor, please please please...
That's all I've got.

Here's a picture of Emily from this morning, after her morning 'episode'.



Jason will be gone all week long.
He'll come home at night but the little miss and I will be on our own during the day.
Here's hoping Mommy doesn't lose her mind!

8 comments:

Shan said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that the GI is able to use those most magical of words. Regardless, I am surrounding you with love, and I'm not the only one.

TortugaRachel said...

Her scar looks beautiful! Poor thing looks tired, too much puking, it takes a lot out of a kid.

Please tell me she splashes!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, what a cute little chub she is!

I hope all your appointments go well, with good news for Emily. Glad you had a chance to get out for a little while ... take good care of yourself.

... Leslie

Joann Mannix said...

Please, please tell me that's a little bathwater on her face. If those are tears, well then, I'm gonna start throwing bricks through store front windows, because that's how mad I'll be.

Oh, that sweet girl. It breaks my heart to think of her sad or mad or any mood besides that one where she has that gorgeous smile on her face.

Good luck. I'm sending prayers and promising God I'll be a good girl and not throw any bricks if only Emily can have a big thumbs up from all her doctors.

Bossy Betty said...

Oh Noelle! What an absolute beauty Emily is!! I will hold good thoughts for all of you during the doctor visits.

Angee and Thom said...

Hang in there! Everything will get worked out.

Theresa said...

Such a sweet little angel. Praying for you!

Of One Heart said...

Do you have any idea how delicious she looks? This picture is asking to be framed. Now!