Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Progress!


Ten minutes after Jason thought Emily was asleep for the night, this is what she was doing:


The joy this little lady brings us...oh...I never knew...

Emily graduated from 24/7 oxygen to needing it only at night.  
Do you know what this means???
It means that Mommy and Emily can maybe leave the house without Daddy!
We probably could have left the house without Daddy with the oxygen, but it was such a ginormous pain!

We had this plan to ask the nurse practitioner to change Emily's feeding tube so that we wouldn't have to.
The big chicken wouldn't do it.
You would think we asked her to bungee jump from a really high bridge or something.
I have a Plan B though.
My neighbor is a NICU nurse,
I'm going to offer a batch of chocolate chip cookies in exchange for one feeding tube change.

Emily doesn't have to meet with her cardiologist for two whole months!

In non-Emily news...

I told Jason earlier this week that desperate times call for desperate measures.
Desperate measures = me giving Jason the credit card and saying, "Please husband, I need a treadmill."
Jason has connections everywhere and thankfully we will be getting a really good deal.
We don't have all the space in the world and so we have to rearrange some furniture in order to fit the treadmill into our house.
One of the pieces of furniture we have to move is a futon.
Every time Jason has gone to say something about the futon he uses the word gazebo.

"So we need to load the gazebo into the truck..."
"Are you sure the gazebo will fit into your office?"

Etc. Etc.

Tell me...
How do futon and gazebo go together?

Sometimes I wonder if English is really Jason's first language.

Did any of you watch the episode of Hoarders where there were 77 billion cockroaches crawling everywhere?
Oh. My. Honk.
I'm still scratching.


12 comments:

Sam said...

Ahh!!

That settles it. My biggest grin of the day was all because of little miss Emily here. :)

Good luck with the gazebo!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, my gosh! What a little cutie patootie. Seriously. If you need a babysitter, you know who to call.

Also, I'm not sure about watching hoarders. That show kind of makes me gag a little. But it is like a train wreck. You can't not stop and watch if you're flipping through the channels and it happens to be on.

xo -E

Mama P said...

I've been following little Emily's story for a little while now and I just wanted to say how happy I am she is doing so well! My prayers and thoughts have definitely been with you guys xD

and oh my word, Hoarders. I've seen the roach episode. UM EWWW. Gross, yuck and all those other words. I can't imagine living in that!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Love the chubbiness - she is just adorable.

... Leslie

Julie said...

You baby doll is so beautiful. I am so glad things are looking up.
Take time to relax when you can.
Blessings.

Venassa said...

Aww she looks so happy! What a sweetie. It sounds like she's doing so great and I'm so happy to hear it.
I don't know how he gets gazebo from futon either, but it's kind of funny :p

Rachel Starchman said...

Yay Emily!! We are so proud of you and praying, and praying and praying some more! Your amazing baby girl <3 with amazing parents, so its only natural;)

Rachel Starchman said...

Oh and yes, hoarders always make me itch....yuck! Have you watched the rat one yet? Eeeek!

The Weddle's World said...

You give me amazing strength and hope. I have an 11week old who is waiting for a tetralogy of fallot repair. I stumbled upon your blog during one of our 2am snuggle/nursing sessions and I love reading about Emily's triumphs and journey. Thank you for being so honest and helping me know we're not alone.

Yay for the tubes--boo for hoarders-ick!

The Weddle's World said...

You give me amazing strength and hope. I have an 11week old who is waiting for a tetralogy of fallot repair. I stumbled upon your blog during one of our 2am snuggle/nursing sessions and I love reading about Emily's triumphs and journey. Thank you for being so honest and helping me know we're not alone.

Yay for the tubes--boo for hoarders-ick!

Jaime said...

First, Hoarders....O. M. G. Every time I watch that show, I clean out a closet or drawer or something. EWWWWW!!!!

Second, I just have to tell you that Emily is looking amazing!!!! WOW! She is just gorgeous and you can tell just from pictures what a happy baby girl she is.

And treadmill --- got one too and loooooove it!

Of One Heart said...

Gazebo!! Jason is hilarious! :D So, does the gazebo fit inside your office? ;)