Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sharing A Memory

To be completely honest? I'm drowning.
On many different levels.
And although I could write ... and write ... and still not get it all out, I'm just going to tell you of a memory I had today. 

We lived within walking distance of the high school, and we would often hop a fence and run home for lunch.
One morning before school my dad asked my sister and I what we wanted for lunch that day.
We told him we wanted steak. 

When we went home for lunch we found a note from Dad that said, "Dear Daughters, here's your steak."
Next to the note was a wooden stake...like a tent stake...that Dad had carved sometime that day.

Becca and I probably ate peanut butter sandwiches that day, but we held on to that note for years.

5 comments:

wjmom said...

I love this memory! We often get what we ask for, just in different ways. Thank you for sharing.

rplatt said...

I had forgotten all about that. Thanks for bringing back a fun memory. Let me know how I can help you not drown.

Beth Zimmerman said...

You're doing awesome, little mamma! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other!

Shan said...

You are loved, you are important and it's okay to get a break here and there.

PS That is an awesome memory.

Of One Heart said...

You've got Becca, Jason, Emily, your parents and the whole lot. Cry, but don't drown. If you think you can talk to me, I'm all ears.

Bless you, my darling!

xx