Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Are You Aware?

This week is Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week.
A few months ago I didn't know this 'week' existed.
Up until just recently I wouldn't have known that 1 in every 100 babies born will have a heart defect.  (I hope I remembered that statistic right.)

One of these years I will be that heart mom that knows all of the statistics...that makes cupcakes to hand out at the hospital...that is there as a support to other moms who have just learned that their child also has a CHD.

But not this year.
This year I'm still in what my friend, another heart mom, calls the 'muckety muck' of life with a CHD.

One thing is certain...
Every day that I spend with my sweet Elimy is a blessing - a miracle - and at night when that little lady of mine snuggles into my arms I silently thank my Heavenly Father for one more day.

This song was written by a heart dad.
It's beautiful, and totally worth the click you might have to make to be taken to YouTube.


7 comments:

Janine said...

Oh Noelle, I am bawling after listening to that beautiful song. It says absolutely everything I feel about my precious little boy who only had half a heart. Every moment with him changed my world forever. I miss him so much. Thank you for your beautiful post and I continue to pray for your precious daughter's heart healing. Much love and strength to you.
Janine

Shan said...

Here's to finding your way out of the muckety muck and on to cupcakes!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Have I told you that Josiah was born with a Congenital Heart Defect? Nothing as severe as Emily's but it kept us on our knees for sure. His is a Ventricular Septal Defect. It certainly does force a new parent to get an education in a hurry!

Jen said...

I hope that you thank God for more nights than you can count for another day with your sweet miracle Emily.

Elizabeth said...

Noelle, I'm sorry that life is muckety muck right now. I hope for you blessings untold and the help that you need in the way that you need it.

I'm still available for housework. Name the day and I'll be there.

Beautiful song. And Emily is such a beautiful girl.

xo -E

Jaycie said...

So beautiful!

Of One Heart said...

I've learnt something about a parents' love, today.