Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Small Request


Guess what...

When you 'rent' medical equipment long-term you're likely to get a letter in the mail stating that your rent payments equal the total cost of whatever you are renting, and congratulations, you're now the owner of said equipment.

Free pulse ox monitoring at our house!!!
Forever!

And now that I know this, I have schemed a plan.
Rather than call and say that we no longer need the ginormous oxygen concentrator we have, I'm just going to keep it in the closet and wait for another letter.  

Oh...and too?
Have you seen the 2012 HGTV dream home?
Jason enters our names twice a day.
The winner of the home, the brand new car, and $500,000 will be announced soon.
My prayers have gone something like this:

"Please bless Elimy...and also?  Please let us win the house."

If you want to pray that we win the house too ... 

Guess what else...

Today when we gave Elimy tastes of baby peaches?
She opened her mouth, stuck out her tongue, and begged us for more.
I might have done a happy dance.

I've been trying to come up with something to do for Em...
Something meaningful...
My idea requires your assistance.

In honor of Valentines Day, Em's half birthday, and Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week, would you all be darlings and send Emily a little Valentine note?
You can email it, or leave it in the comment section...but what I would REALLY love is a hand written note that I can put in a book for her.

Please say yes.

I'm not sure it's wise to post my address for the world to see, so if you're willing, let me know and I'll email you my address.

THANK YOU in advance!!!

Have a lovely weekend!


17 comments:

Allison said...

of course! Please send me your mailing address and I'll have our 15 mos old send her one :)

Anonymous said...

My two granddaughters ( ages three and 18 months) and I are going to make Valentines for their mama and daddy this coming week. (I take care of them on my day off - my daughter is a teacher and her husband is in real estate) ... we have all the fancy card makings, and we would love to make a card for baby Emily.

Leslie in California

TortugaRachel said...

I would TOTALLY do that for lil miss! Toss me that addy and it will be in the mail!!

TortugaRachel said...

Oh, and btw Em, peaches are da best, they're my fave!

-stephanie- said...

I would love to send Emily a Valentine.
Way to chow down the peaches Em!

Chelle said...

I've been following your blog for quite some time now. I actually went to Junior High with your little sister and I came across your blog by following Amy Fugal's blog...
I would love to send Emily a Valentine.
My email is leahbear10@hotmail.com.

CK Herlihy said...

We would love to send Emily a Valentine's Day note :)

Jen said...

Asher - my 9 month old, would love to send Emily a Valentine! You can email me at jljones@hotmail.com.

Jen said...

And YAY for peaches! Asher also loves pears!

Sandra said...

I am doing valentines from my recovery bed this week and would love to include one for Emily.

Missy @ It's A Ray Thing said...

I would love to send sweet Emily a note. And I bet my kiddos will too.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm in! And I have your address! :) Trying to recruit some more cards for you while I'm at it!

I am still hoping that I can talk some of my *classic* bloggie friends into adding my Tigger blog to your readers. It’s much of what I used to write on Beth: A Work in Progress that people responded to well. I am making a disciplined effort to search out blessings and joy every day and post about them on Looking for Tigger. Plus I write a little about something that God has spoken to my heart that day. If I could subscribe for you I would totally do it because I really think you would love that little blog. But I can’t. So … I’m going to ask (again) please come visit me at http://www.lookingfortigger.com and subscribe! I’m really trying to grow that little corner of the blog-o-sphere and I need some support from my friends! Thank you!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I WILL BE WINNING THE HGTV DREAM HOME. But you will be welcome to come for a visit.

polkadotsock said...

I want to write Elimy a valentine's day note. I'm one of those people who's been reading your blog probably for the past year, and have never really left any sign of that--but you and your family are AMAZING! my email address is liz@lonepeaklabs.com

Of One Heart said...

Thank God I read this in time or I might have been upset with myself! Coming up.

Shan said...

We don't enter the home contests, but still dream of winning. I think Jason's effort should be rewarded!

I think you have my email. Please send me your address and I'll put a Valentine together.

Amy Goodman said...

I know it's late, but we'd like to join in the fun. Email me at goodman.amy.j@gmail.com.