Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Once There Was A Time I Made Cookies

I call my sister for everything.  (I'm a triplet with a girl and a boy.  The girl = the sister I'm talking about.)

Here is a picture taken many years ago:


If we need a babysitter...
If I need someone to run an errand for me...
If I don't want to change the sheets by myself and Jason isn't around...
If I don't want to go to the store by myself...
If I need a pedicure partner...
If I need a Coke to cure my migraine...

I think you get the idea.

The other night I called and asked if I could borrow something...I can't remember what.
I told her that Emily and I would come over when she got home from work.
"My roommate is there with her boyfriend.  I'll come to your house."
Poor Becca...she lost me as her roommate when I got married and she hasn't been the same since.

She brought me whatever it was that I had asked for and saw that I was going to make icing for some sugar cookies.
"Want some help?" she asked.
I did, as a matter of fact.
I had three icing recipes and I wanted to try them all to find my favorite.

We each used a different recipe and asked Jason to taste them.
When it came right down to it, I didn't like either of them so we threw them away and started over.
Four rounds of icing later we found one that all three of us agreed on.

Becca is so patient with me.
She would have used the icing because in reality it didn't taste bad, but I was looking for the wow factor.
Wow factor is important when it comes to sugar cookies.

Here's the finished result:


I took this picture with the Instagram app on my iPhone.
I kind of like it.

I think Becca and I should go on Cookie Boss...
Except that there is no Cookie Boss.
Shame.
(Becca iced all of the pink ones in the same time it took me to ice the yellow ones.)
((I have a problem with OCD))

Em played with her three favorite things while Becca and I were busy: her binky, her giraffe, and her feeding tube.  That feeding tube is going to be the death of me.  


Anyway...
There's no real reason I told you about the cookies...
...just thought you should know that once in a while I step foot into the kitchen.







8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yay! Cute pictures of Emily. She is just the sweetest little girl. Thanks for getting me my "baby fix" today.

xo -E

P.S. your cookies look yummy. One Christmas, I made 45 dozen sugar cookies (yes, I said dozen; that comes out to about 540 cookies) because I had to give a plate of cookies to every. single. person I know. I haven't made sugar cookies since then.

angel shrout said...

The cookies look wonderful and I bet they tasted wonderful. Emily is growing up so fast.. soo adorable

TortugaRachel said...

At least she's playing with the port end instead of the nose end!

Ok, so when can I expect my cookie delivery? Hehe!

Kristyn Grace said...

I posted an awesome sugar cookie recipe and icing recipe on my blog a while back. If you go to carolinafireflies.blogspot.com and click on recipes, it should be there. I'd love to know which one you used!

These cookies look great!

Mom on a Line said...

The cookies are adorable. My daughter would think the pink butterflies are the best! And I love the picture of Emily grabbing her feeding tube. Priceless!

Traci Bulkley said...

Yum! I <3 your writing. I hear ya about the feeding tube, and we didn't deal with it nearly as long as you have. Hope the apt. went well today. Hugs.

Angee and Thom said...

That is just what sisters are for! Seriously I LOL about the OCD comment.

Of One Heart said...

I love that you have Becca!

xx