Monday, February 6, 2012

What Love Looks Like

It's 9:30pm and I'm in bed for the night.
As soon as I hit 'publish post' I'll turn my lamp off and sleep soundly.
All night long.
As I was leaving the hospital, where Emily and Jason are spending the night, the nurse confirmed what I already suspected.
It's not usually the dad who spends the night.
I smiled and thought again how grateful I am that Jason is not the 'usual' dad.

I am not always very good at telling Jason how much I appreciate him and all that he does for Emily and me.
In fact, I'm probably lousy at it.
But tonight I'll tell the world...or at least those of you in the world who read this blog...
Emily couldn't have a better daddy and I couldn't have a better husband.
And I love him.


We've come a long way since this day, and Emily and I couldn't have done it by ourselves.


***And for Leslie in California, thank you for caring about us.  I truly appreciated your message!  We are involved with an organization here called Kids on the Move.  We have an occupational therapist who comes to the house once a week right now to help us with Emily's feeding issues, and when and if the need arises we have access to physical and speech therapists as well.

****And for all of the rest of you who emailed ... I promise I'm working on getting the help that I need too.  I love all of you for your concern and love.

9 comments:

Shan said...

I'm glad you're home sleeping. Sleep will take you a long way... maybe not as far as an awesome husband, but the two together are a winning combination. (Voice of experience here. If not for Tom, I'd almost never get sleep either.)

TortugaRachel said...

The look on Jason's face in that picture is just perfect. He's already wrapped around that precious little pink finger.

-stephanie- said...

Thank you for posting. I woke up last night wondering if Jason made it home. So I prayed. Thank You God for bringing him home safe and making him the best daddy for Emily. Hope you got your much needed rest. Hugs.

Sam said...

Love love love you guys! I know that it may not always feel like it, but your family is such an inspiration. Hoping for a positive future for you guys, and especially little E! xo

Venassa said...

Aww Jason is so amazing. I hope you had a really good sleep.

Jen said...

Hope you had a wonderful night of blissful sleep!

And I hope Jason and little Miss did well too!

Julie said...

I want you and Jason and Emily to move to Minnesota. I can be there for you. I can take care of Emily so you guys can go out. I can cook, clean and be a best friend if you guys would just move here. I can't leave because my family is here (same as you leaving there but I can ask), plus my babies need me but if you want to move here I am sure I can find some place really nice, close by and help you to the ends of the earth and back. We have good hospitals too. We do, really!!
I am sorry life is so hard at times. I wish I could wrinkle up my nose and make it simplier. You have Emily so it's perfect it just has some rough edges that need smoothing. Want to move here?
Oh and by the way, what fat? I didn't see any at all. And you tell Jason the next time he wants to go out, in the dark, it better be to the grocery store for goodies, not outside in the snow. He might be smart but sometimes men make a woman wonder just what they are thinking.
Please give baby Emily a hug from me and Mike.
Take care and God bless you and your family!

Elizabeth said...

You are absolutely 1005 right about Jason. I'm so glad that you and Emily have him.

xo -E

Of One Heart said...

I think Jason knows how much you love him. And he loves you back just as much, if not more!