Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Another Surgery Behind Us

The night before Emily's surgery Jason and I went out to eat for our anniversary.
Jason would eat Thai food every day if he could, and so we went to a Thai place he's never been to.
The middle of the night found me sick sick sick, with stomach cramps and throwing up.
Oh. I was miserable.
Three o'clock.
Four o' clock.
I had to get up at 5:00 to get everything ready and be at the hospital in time for surgery.
At 4:30 I took every drug I could think of and said a little prayer.
Let's blame the emotional state of my blog post yesterday on the fact that I was sick and hadn't slept in 24 hours.
Deal?

(Jason ate the leftovers tonight.  I had to pull away before he kissed me so that I wouldn't be sick again.)


Our sweet little lady came home tonight.  She hurts but she is so brave.  As long as she is in her Mommy's or Daddy's arms she is okay.
Tonight she put her hand up on my neck and played with my hair until she fell asleep.
Oh my gosh I love this little girl.

(Elimy's pajamas came with a Valentine from an amazing lady I 'met' through this blog...one of these days I'm going to take a picture of the love that was sent Em's way on Valentine's Day.  I realize now that I never thanked you.  THANK YOU!)

It's late and I'm tired so I'm off to find my pillow.
Here's a little preview of a quilt I'm quilting for Emmy (that's what one of her cousins calls her).
((Because I have all of the time in the world to quilt.))


Thank you all for the love and support you give to me and my little family.  My world is a better place because you are in it.

8 comments:

Jaime Barnhart said...

OMG - that quilt is beautiful!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVW everything about it. And Emmy will treasure it forever I am sure. :)

No apologies for emotional posts --- sending a Blog-hug your way. :)

Jen said...

I'm so glad to hear that Emily is doing better. I hope that the "hurt" subsides soon for her!

Glad to hear that her mommy and daddy provider her so much comfort.

And that quilt is BEAUTIFUL! You are very talented and I love that it's her "mascots" all over in her signature color: PINK!

Jen said...

PS. I forgot to mention I love the picture of her in her PJs. NO TUBE! YAY! And her big beautiful brown eyes. LOVE THEM!

Allison said...

Oh I love that little kissy face she makes!! Yay for being home. Lots of snuggles

Shan said...

Thank *you* for taking the time to update us on Miss Elimy. I hope you're through the overwhelming emotions... er... Thai food nastiness (or both) very soon.

Hugs.

Christina said...

Such a sweetheart....hugs to you guys. xoxoxo

Angee and Thom said...

Love the quilt and I Love to quilt. We can have a play date!

Kristina Carter said...

I need that quilt pattern! Stella is obsessed with elephants and even calls herself Stellaphant.