Friday, March 23, 2012

Oh Dear...


In truth, I can't get enough of this little girl.




It seems that I ruffled some feathers with my post yesterday.
I don't think it was a 100% ruffle, but perhaps it was a 70% ruffle.
As the commenter was anonymous, I can't ask to be certain.

You all know that my post yesterday was in fun right?
Right?
Well, all of you except for our friend Anonymous.

Anonymous suggested that I read a book written by C.S. Lewis called "Til We Have Faces."
I Googled the book title and learned the the story is written about two sisters: one beautiful, one with a facial deformity.
The story is basically one of 'misapplied love and jealousy.'

Oh dear.
My sister is beautiful.
Is there some hidden meaning in this?

Seriously though...

Today's post is to appease Anonymous...if I can.  Dear Anonymous, I promise I'm not jealous of my sister or vice versa.  We love each other a lot! 

Anonymous, did you know that the sister of whom I speak is my twin/triplet sister?
Here's a picture:


Notice how we're in matching outfits?
It was that way until we were old enough to take a stand and dress ourselves.
(Bec, was that when we were 16?)

We made it our life mission to be different...and even still, it wasn't until we were in college before we were known as individuals, with names, rather than 'oh you're one of the triplets.'

It's funny actually.
We did everything we could to be different, and yet, when we were living hundreds of miles from each other we still came home having purchased the same outfit.

Where I am flip flops, my sister is high heels.
Where I am a pony tail, she has every hair styled perfectly.
Where I am maccaroni and cheese, she is pork chops and home made bread.
Where I am outdoorsy, she is air condition and a good book.
Where I am short fingernails, she is a manicure.
Where I am a hoodie, she is a sweater.
And where I am one color of eye shadow, she is 10 colors...and they all look perfect on her.

And yet we're the same too...
We both love a good book.
We cry at Hallmark Commercials.
She can finish my thought before I do.
We both iron our Levis.
We enjoy eating out.
We both love ER and Grey's Anatomy.

(I just asked my brother 'What's one way Becca and I are alike?'  He sighed and said, 'You're not.')

I guess what I'm saying Anonymous, is that in this one thing?
Embracing our differences and loving each other?
I think we've got it figured out.





13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Anonymous, if you're not brave enough to leave a comment under your real name, perhaps you ought to re-think what you're saying.

Noelle, I suspect that your sister wasn't ruffled. Good sisters are that way. They "get" you.

xo -E

Elizabeth said...

I almost forgot. Oh my heck! That Emily is adorable!

xo -E

rplatt said...

I couldn't have said it any better!!!

rplatt said...

I couldn't have said it any better!!!

Shan said...

Take *that*!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Becca- you really need to stop leaving those anonymous comments...

:)

Sure love you girls! best sisters ever!

Bridget said...

This is such a sweet post!! :)

Kim said...

Ok I am going to ignore anonymous and just say that baby girls hair seems to have gotten dark over night!!!! Wow! She is a sight for sore eyes. :)

P.S. I adore flip flops too.

Daniel and Elise said...

You guys are so great! I miss seeing you both every weekday! ;)

Amy said...

:D I'm glad you've got it figured out - can you teach it? Because I think we could all use a bit more of that ability....

Natasha and Jesse said...

Great post! Did you delete Anon's comment or not post it? Cause I don't see one under your last post that looks like feathers are ruffled...

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean for my comment to make you upset, and I'm really, really sorry if it did. I don't know you, except what you write in your blog. My comment was meant in the kindest way, and not meanly intended. You deserve an explanation about my suggestion to read C.S. Lewis' book. When I was a teenager my sister suddenly became very beautiful. She was sort of an ugly duckling, and became beautiful overnight. She was suddenly getting all kinds of attention, including from MY boyfriend. It hurt. It hurt a lot. I was filled with very unpleasant feelings, and I didn't like myself because of it. I felt worthless, too. I knew that I would never have that kind of beauty, even though I wasn't ugly. Then I read that book, "Till We Have Faces" (I spelled it wrong earlier). That was a long time ago, but what I took from the book is that my worth as a woman does not come from outward beauty, but from my actions. I don't really remember anything about a facial deformity, but I do remember that she always had her face covered. I certainly did not mean to imply that you are not as attractive as your sister, any of your sisters. Judging by some of your posts, though, you don't seem to think you have the same good looks as one of your sister's, since you have said that Lucy (was it Grandma Lucy?) thought that Tiffany was the prettiest. From your pictures, I think you are every bit as beautiful! I've learned that ultimately, beauty comes from within, and I firmly believe that our beauty in the life to come will be determined by how beautiful our thoughts and actions are in this life. Again, I don't know you, or what your actions are, except as you write about them on your blog, but seeing the way you care for your sweet baby, and how content and happy she is, you've gotta be doing something right!

My best to you, Noelle. Please forgive my insensitive comments, I am truly sorry.

Beth Zimmerman said...

You, my dear girl, are precious! Don't let anonymous comments ruffle your feathers!