Sunday, April 8, 2012

All My Bags (Aren't) Packed


One of these days I will tell you about how ridiculous this day was.
There is not a way it could have been more ridiculous.

But for now I'm just going to say adios.
For a day or two.
Jason is going out of town...again...but this time the little miss and I are going with him.

We're headed to warmer weather, and somewhere other than home, the hospital, or my office.

It's been almost a year and a half since I traveled anywhere farther than the hospital and I need a break.
I'm shutting the door on laundry, a stack of invoicing a mile high, and a little bit of drama.

If I can look past all that I have to remember to pack, and two deadlines I have to finish tonight for work,  I can almost see relaxation.

Before I show you pictures of our little Easter beauty, let me tell you what she did last night.
In what is only the second time in Emily's life, we took her to the store with us.
Jason pushed the grocery cart and I pushed Emily in her stroller.
Em can only tolerate her stroller for so long before she has to see the world, and so I ended up carrying her in one arm, and pushing the stroller with the other.

I told you she waves to anyone who says hello?
Last night she waved the entire time she was in my arms...with both of her hands.
She smiled and talked and waved at the world.
Jason said, "It's like she's in her own little parade."
This little girl of ours...
We kind of like her.

I'll be back...and I'll be relaxed.
I hope.







12 comments:

Kristin @ Simply Klassic Home said...

She is so freaking adorable!

I remember those days, baby in one arm, pushing the stroller in the other. Builds up some serious arm muscles I didn't even know I had!

So, headed for warmer weather, huh? Good for you! Say it's Califonia!!! :)

Judy said...

Have a great time on your trip!

Emily is lovely in all her Easter glory...my fav is the second to last picture :) Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

So precious. She is a social butterfly! I'm sure she is loving seeing so many different faces! And I can imagine everyone ohhs and ahhs over her! She is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

And a beauty she is, Easter or any other day. She has become such a darling! She's a strong girl, and she has a strong spirit that just shines through in her pictures. Hope you have a fun and relaxing trip, you deserve it!

Sahar said...

Scrunched nose smile!!! Aaah! I love her!

Yeah, it's like she KNOWS she's loved.

You better come back relaxed!

*hug*

Christina said...

Have fun...relax. Enjoy your time away. :)

wjmom said...

Why--all of a sudden--does our Miss look so HUGE?! She growing and beautiful and amazingly smart: waving with BOTH hands?! If I did that, I'd fall over. :) Happy Easter and happy travels!

Anonymous said...

What an Easter cutie ... she looks to be just on the edge of toddler-hood. Hard to believe how fast the time flies by. Hope you are enjoying a bit of R &R, savoring very moment.

Leslie from CA (but still in MX)

Beth Zimmerman said...

I shall be praying that you ALL have a marvelous and restful time! Love you, Noelle!

The Lumberjack's Wife said...

How precious is she?? Have a relaxing getaway!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

That little girl of yours! By the twinkle in her eyes ... I totally think she gets the Easter Bunny concept.

And likes it!

Joann Mannix said...

Oh, that little girl! Noelle, she is just scrumptious. Look at the light shining from that sweet, sweet face.

I hope your Easter was wonderful. I'm so sorry to have been absent for so long. This writing thing is taking up all my time, but you and your lovely family are always in my thoughts and heart.