Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ouch

So...
I fell yesterday.
And I hurt myself pretty badly.
The details aren't that exciting.  I was an idiot and tripped over the tongue of a trailer that I knew was there.
But I was tired, and in a hurry, and it was 2pm and I hadn't had anything to eat yet for the day.

My shins caught on the trailer and I had enough forward momentum that I fell over the trailer and landed on the other side.
On the asphalt.
On my legs.
Hard.

They are swollen and bruised and to stand on them for a long period of time, and to walk makes me wince and say ouch over and over again.

Tonight my legs are throbbing and I can't sleep, and Jason is still gone.

Poor me.

PS.

A few hours after posting this I had to get up to get Emily some formula.
It was dark and I was mostly asleep.
My foot got caught on the handle of a bag. I kept walking but my toes didn't,  and while I don't think my toes are broken, they are most likely sprained.

11 comments:

Sahar said...

One of those things that just makes you want to go, "Thanks, Life! As if I hadn't enough going already!"

Diana said...

Ouch! A night light might be a good idea til you heal up again... or until Jason is home to lend a hand. Take it easy. :)

-stephanie- said...

My goodness girl. This seems to be a good reason for Jason to come home. Heal quick.

Bridget said...

Ug, shin owies are the worst with the bone right out in front like that. I'm sorry Noelle! Please, sit on your butt until Jason gets home and can take care of you. (If only that were possible, right?).
Hope it heals quickly.

Rachel Starchman said...

You poor thing!! Falling as a adult is horribly painful, even when we don't have far to fall. Your in my prayers. I hope your at least taking some ibuprofen.

Julie said...

Oh my dear, when it rains it pours. I hope you heal fast. Ice, IBP and some rest is what I prescribe.
Thank you for your prayers. It's 59 days until I can hug and kiss Mike, that is forever if you ask me, FOREVER!!
Keep taking good care of your wee one. She is such a doll.
Hope Jason comes home soon, you both need him so much.
Take care Noelle, blessings my friend!

Sandra said...

Oh, Sweetie- no fun. Let's put you and Brandi in a room together. after soccer yesterday and Thursday she could barely move this morning and she has bruises all over her body. She even has cleat marks on her upper arm from a collision with a goalie.

Go soak in a hot tub, neosporin and you and Emily go to bed.

angel shrout said...

OUch hun.. take it easy on yourself .

Dazee Dreamer said...

You poor thing. I'm so sorry.

marie said...

OUCH! That's like adding insult to injury...or would that be injury to insult...either way, that's just OUCH! I've had my share of falls, but that tops all of my misadventures. Get better quick!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I was helping my daughter move (a couple of years ago) and I tripped over a root (that I knew was there ... exhaustion is a tool of the devil). Scraped my knee up really badly and broke my elbow. Went to the ER where they all kept saying," Oh my goodness ... your poor leg!" Took me forever to talk them into x-raying my poor elbow! :)

Really glad you were not carrying Emily!

Take it easy on yourself, Noelle!