Thursday, May 17, 2012

Some Things Make Me Smile

If you drive down Main Street in the small town of my childhood, you'll see a little store nestled amongst trees that were full grown when I was just a girl.
Those trees house painted chandeliers that are for sell.
The store calls itself a boutique and lunch time bistro.
They offer a selection of four sandwiches, and then cupcakes and other goodies for dessert.
It's a very girly girl kind of place.

This afternoon I stopped next door to the boutique to pick up a picture I had printed and as I was getting back in my car I noticed three men sitting at one of the tables in front of the boutique.
They each had a drink and as far as I can tell, they were just passing the time talking.

These three men were manly men...
One of them was even wearing a bandanna around his head, and would have looked at home on a Harley.

I did a double take and would have taken a picture because they seemed so out of place, but one of the men watched me the whole time I was getting in my car and backing out.

I smiled as I drove away...
...both because of the scene and because maybe I'm still check-out-able.


7 comments:

Daniel and Elise said...

Ha ha! You still got it! ;)

Lalis said...

You should have winked!

walden said...

'Course you are, girl!

Bridget said...

Hahaha! Love this. A pic would have been fantastic, but the mental image is just as good.

Shan said...

Of *course* you are one hot mama!

Anonymous said...

I actually scrolled to the bottom expecting to be able to click the "like" button. What is this world coming to? :) Just the same I do indeed like this one. Although I can't for the life of me picture this store on Main.. what was it back then?

Beth Zimmerman said...

I bet you are still VERY check outable! :)