Thursday, June 28, 2012

Views


Jason's view of the Grand Tetons as he's traveling:


(He took a 4 hour nap today.  In what world is that fair?)


My cousin's view from her front door in Colorado:



 It seems the entire state of Utah is on fire as well.


My view tonight:



Em's second favorite thing to cuddle with (the first obviously being her elephant binky...and yes the binky is attached to the elephant.  Best. Invention. Ever.) is a package of wipes.
Right before I took this picture she had the wipes up next to her face as she was falling asleep.

My child, while adorable, is weird.

Would you like to hear the biggest crisis of my life?  ...at the moment...

They stop making snap pajamas at the 9 month size.
From 12 months on, 95% of pajamas have a zipper.
Em's feeding tube and zipper pajamas don't get along very well, on account of having to leave her jammies unzipped at night while she's hooked up to her tube.

What to do...what to do...

I'm considering buying the zip up pajamas and making a button hole right where her tube is, next to the zipper.
...except that I'm not nearly so talented as that...

What to do...what to do...

And finally - I turned my back for about 40 seconds to get some work done and that girl of mine had scooted across the room to do this:


I don't know what is worse:  poor eyesight due to the obvious or a perpetually kinked neck having to look so high up to see the TV when it's on top of the cabinet.

This girl of mine?
I adore her!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Some of the kids I work with have the same issue with jammies. The solution? Just cut a hole! She'll grow out of them anyway, so no damage done. The extension tubing fits right through it! Plus, it's an excuse to need more cute jammies. :)

Good luck!

Marian said...

Do you have a Costco where you live? Our Costco has sleepers made by Pekkle that go to size 24 months! And they are so cute too! And cheap! Like $8!! I always buy at least one when I go...I can't resist!

rplatt said...

I adore her also!!!

Thomas & Alicia Montgomery said...

That was a huge dilema for us too! We ended up just buying the warm zipper pj's and cutting a hole in them to access the tubie! I didn't sew it or anything fancy, just cut a U shape and left the flap on. Worked great! Now a days she just sleeps in her regular clothes because she vomits every morning anyway.

Anonymous said...

I don't know you or your family but I read your blog often A friend recommended it. Anyway - I just want to say you are my hero. I admire you. You are such a wonderful example. Emily is so blessed to have such wonderful parents! Thanks for blogging about your life & Emily's. What an inspiration.

Kimber said...

My sister found them in bigger sizes as well. I'll ask her where but Costco or the Carter's outlet??? Emily is a doll. And you're completely amazing too.