Wednesday, July 18, 2012

'Mommy Called The Doctor Quick Quick Quick'


When my mom called me this morning to check in, Emily was crying.
"Oh no.  Are things not good?" my mom asked.
I think my mom has heard Em cry a total of three times...it takes a lot for Emily to cry.

"We're both miserable," I told my mom.
Emily wouldn't sleep last night unless I was holding her, and it was obvious that she felt lousy.

"I am going to take her in to see her pediatrician if I can put her down long enough to jump in the shower," I told my mom.

"I'm at work," my mom said "so I'll cover for Becca and send her down to sit with Emily."

Bec came and snuggled Emily just long enough for me to wash my hair.

Becca spent last night at our sister's house taking care of Heather's four kids.
Heather and her husband were asked to lead a group of kids on a reenactment of a pioneer trek, and they will be gone all week.

My sister Tiffany, my mom, and my sisters-in-law will take turns watching the kids during the day and Becca will spend the nights at their house.

Just as I was shutting the bathroom door this morning I heard Becca say to yet another sister on the phone, "If I make you a list can you go to the store for me?"

What in the world would a person do without family?

A random picture of me and my sisters taken 100 years ago.
* * * * *

What are the chances I can get Em's pediatrician to give us both a prescription?
I had to cancel the appointment with my doctor because I forgot that Emily had an appointment with her cardiologist.
Did you forget that Em has a cardiologist?
We haven't seen him in nearly 6 months.
I hope her heart is behaving.

* * * * *




One of Emily's favorite toys is the pole we hang her food from.
I can't tell you how many times I've caught it as it was falling on top of her.

Do you see the cute elephant?
Our blogging friend Kristyn sent it to Em for her birthday.
There really are so many good people in this world!

And finally, just something random.
After I took these pictures I noticed the bottle of carpet cleaner sitting in the background of the picture.
That bottle has been sitting there since last night, and when I saw it I thought, 'Don't leave that there.  What if Emily gets to it?'
But then I laughed to myself and thought, 'Even if she does, she won't put it in her mouth.'
And that made me sad.

I moved the bottle anyway...just in case today is the day for miracles.

Thanks for checking in on us.

5 comments:

Kristyn Monaghan said...

I'm so glad she likes the elephant and it warms my heart to see it in pictures! Maybe you should try putting water in the cleaning bottles and tell her not to touch them, then she will put them in her mouth! Just like kids don't like the remote that doesn't have any batteries in it! lol

rplatt said...

Hang in there.... this week will end! I hope!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

wow, all you girls look great for being over 100 years old.

Elizabeth said...

That cute little peanut! I've told you this before, but I mean it. She can come not sleep at my house. I would be happy to hold her and I'm betting my kids would love to play with her.

Sorry your both feeling miserable. Hope you get better soon. I'm glad you have family close. I live 82 miles from family. It's only an hour and 15 minutes in the car, but that is a really long ride when you need something.

Feel better!

xo -E

Sandra said...

What would the rest of the world do without your family? You guys are the best. I hope all went well at the doctor and all goes well with the cardiologist. My little sister has a cardiogist and I know how you always pray for the heart to be behaving itself inbetween visits.