Sunday, August 26, 2012

La De La La La

I think it's safe to say I have writer's block.
Either that or life is slightly mundane.

Jason and I have both been busy with work...so busy that Em and I stayed at the office Saturday night until 8:00pm.
Thank goodness for Mickey Mouse and a bouncy toy!

Jason and I were able to go out to a movie Friday night (thanks to Becca Bee who watched Em).
We saw The Mysterious Life of Timothy Green.
The movie had a big impact on both of us, and we left the theatre still with tears in our eyes.
It reminded us of our story...of Emily's story...and we agreed, again, that we are blessed to have our little lady.

We've had some really good days with Emily!
You might think I'm silly, but in an effort not to jinx anything I'm going to hold off on some good news that I want to shout really loudly about.
Give me a week, and if the news is still good, you'll be the first to know!!!

No.
I'm not pregnant.
And yes.
Emily is still scheduled for surgery on Thursday.

Would you like proof of the fact that I am a good friend?

A friend of mine was having a terrible, horrible, rotten, no good, very bad day.
She posted about it on Facebook, and received a lot of incredibly supportive comments in return.
I tried to come up with something supportive...I really did.
Instead I went with humor.
I happen to know that one of my friend's biggest pet peeves is the misuse of the words to and too.
It drives her batty when someone spells them wrong.
I wrote a post using the word to and too, and spelled them wrong every time I used them.

The good friend part comes where I opened myself up for everyone else who has the same pet peeve to say something like 'can't that girl spell???'  I sacrificed my proper grammar to make my friend smile.
She smiled.
It was worth it.

Keep in mind, I'd be willing to do the same thing for you!

Because I just learned how to take screen shots of my text messages, I'll leave you with a message I got from Jason while I was finally, after months and months, getting my hair done.

I couldn't stop laughing.

First there was this:


and then there was this:



I keep telling him it's good for him.
Because isn't it?

Oh...and the box Jason wrote about?
It was mine once.
And now it's Emily's, and only Emily's.
Just try to put something on it that isn't her hand!





4 comments:

The Lumberjack's Wife said...

Your a good friend. I hope I am a good friend to.


Did you see what I did just there?

Shan said...

Here's to lasting good news and being a very good friend. (Any misspellings or typos here are actually due to the fact that I'm not wearing my glasses. But not because I'm not a good friend, I swear!)

Dazee Dreamer said...

I really want to see that movie.

MamaMags said...

That last picture made me laugh out loud! "Elimy" is a doll and gets more beautiful each day. I will be praying for her as you prepare for more surgery and will keep her name on the temple prayer roll. Even though I don't personally know you, I feel such love for you that I think I must have known you in another life. Chin up girl, you can do hard things!!