Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Surgery On The Horizon


she may be delayed in some things, but she's ahead of the game when it comes to the terrible twos!

* * * * *

When we were young ...

pause

I always refer to my childhood in the plural.  Six kids under the age of four doesn't allow for much 'me' time.

How is that possible you ask?  If you're new to this blog, I'll tell you: triplets, twins, and one more...and then one more 10 years later, and now that one more is getting married!  But that's another story.

unpause

When we were young we went to a family reunion with my dad's extended family: his cousins and their children.
It was the first time we had met most of these cousins, and we quickly bonded with some of our second cousins.
We spent the entire week introducing each other as, "these are our new, never been used cousins!"
For years after, whenever we referred to those cousins it was always "remember our new and never been used cousins?"

That's how I feel about the women I've met who have children with heart defects.
They are my new, never been used friends.
I've always been blessed with amazing friendships and I feel lucky to add these ladies into that group!

Having someone in your corner who truly gets what you've been through is an amazing blessing.

I got this text from one of my new, never been used friends:


It made me smile the rest of the night.

Speaking of heart defects...

Our little lady is having surgery on her heart a week from today.
It's not open heart, but she will be intubated, and they will be messing with her heart, and I will have to hand her off to an anesthesiologist...

I have a lot of secret hopes riding on this cardiac catheter; if any of them ever become a reality I will let you in on the secret.

Keep her in your prayers please?

when you need a nap, you need a nap




7 comments:

Nessa said...

That text made me smile. It sounds like you've found a really positive 'never been used' friend. That's always a bonus.
Little Em is always in my prayers. Hope everything goes perfectly smooth.
And that picture is too sweet! I wish Chloe would nap in random places sometimes, but she never does.

Amy said...

She's even cuter than mini mouse!

Colon mom would have sucked, your NNBU friend is right. :D

Jen said...

Lots of prayers for your family and especially little Emily. I have secret hopes for little missy too! Crossing fingers that they come true so you can tell us all about it! BIG HUG!

Joann Mannix said...

Good luck, Princess Emily. I'll be praying that the operation makes your heart stronger. I have a good, good feeling it will be a great success.

Dazee Dreamer said...

In my thoughts and prayers.

Baby Sister said...

10 years really = 5 1/2. Just for the record. :) That last picture of Miss Em is a classic!!

Shan said...

I love the colon mom part.

We will be keeping you, the doctors and especially Elimy and her little heart in our own, surrounded by love and well wishes.