Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Birthday Party


You don't need commentary right?
At least not a lot?


THE DECORATIONS





... some tissue flowers I made myself.
My sister saw them and said, "These are cute.  Wait!  Did you make these?"
I don't think my family thinks I can be even a little bit domestic or crafty.

...and balloons.
A lot of balloons.
So many balloons there nearly wasn't room for me, Jason and the balloons in the car.


My sister Tiffany, who without a doubt is both domestic and crafty, finished the elephant blanket I started many moons ago, and made the adorable E wall hanging that I am going to put on Em's bedroom door.


THE FOOD

...was served on these...









I didn't make a single thing on that goodies table.
(And I wonder where my family gets the idea that I'm not domestic...)

I ordered everything from a bakery.

Except for the cake.
Have you ever seen anything more perfect for our little lady?

A dear friend from high school made it as a gift for Em's birthday party.
She has a blog with all of her amazing work. 

My little sister Amanda made elephant cake pops.
She was also gifted with the domestic gene.

If you happen to ask if Em got to play with her cake...
...this is how the little lady feels about food in general...




MY SISTERS' GIFT TO EM



WHAT OUR LITTLE MISS DID FOR MOST OF HER PARTY


My surrogate mother held our little miss for nearly an hour while she slept...I think they both look pretty content.




There was a lot of support...
a lot of love...

and way too many goodies left over.

Thank you to all of you who came and celebrated our baby girl!

9 comments:

Shan said...

Looks like a smash hit!

I cannot get over how long she is!

Hilary and Eric said...

Wow what a cute party!!! What a fantastic cake!!! So sorry I was in Sickyville and couldn't make the trip :(

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Im so sorry that i missed it my friend. I was double booked and then missed it all for "hand, foot & mouth disease" which hit the kids at my house.

You did NOT want me there....

CK said...

Oh my goodness. How sweet! Which reminds me...I need to get something out in the mail :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

Wish I could have been there! It all looks amazingly wonderful ... just like YOU!

Nessa said...

Wow everything looks so great, especially the food :p
Wish I was there.

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing Noelle. I read back to the nap on the couch together and cried. Emily is such a doll. 1 year old already. WOW!!! I hope you can figure out working, life, insurance and all. There has to be a way, I will pray you find the balance and all needed to fit it all together.
Blessings!!!

Daniel and Elise said...

I wish I could have been there! It looks like it was a hit! How convenient that you have an entire BARN to throw a party in ;) And such a wonderful family to help you out! I would have loved to have seen all of you again!

Amy said...

Perfect! A perfect party for a perfect little one!