Thursday, September 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Noelle!!

My wife has asked that I write her blog for her birthday. Although I'm hesitant, because I know how much you look forward to reading what she has to say (and that I don't have the same writing ability), I told her that I would do it.

Because this is more public than I would like, to really share how I feel, I will say that I am very grateful  to be married to Noelle. She is an amazing mother and wife, and I am one incredibly lucky guy to be married to her.

I would also say that we haven't been without our challenges. There have been circumstances in our marriage that have really tested both of us, which have resulted in difficulty and even heartache. But we have always worked through these issues and I know we are stronger for going down these bumpy roads.

As many of you who have followed Noelle's blog, you know that having a baby with heart issues makes every other challenge even that much more difficult. Noelle has put on a brave face, but there's no doubt it's been hard on us both emotionally, especially for Noelle.

With that I want to wish her a happy birthday simply because she deserves it more than anyone I've ever known. She has been through so much yet has made it through one of the most difficult years of her life. I can easily say that I'm more in love with her now that I've ever been.

I love you...


10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Jason, you're a really good sport. My husband doesn't even read my blog, let alone post on it. Thanks for taking such good care of Noelle and Emily. They are blessed to have you.

Noelle! Happy Birthday! I hope you are spoiled in all kinds of ways on your special day. If not, you have my number. Everyone deserves to be absolutely spoiled on their birthday, so call if you need a bad birthday intervention. I know just the thing ;).

I'm sorry life has been so hard! I really am! And while my challenges aren't the same as yours, I know what it is like to see "hard" stretching out in front of you forever and wondering if you'll make it. You are an inspiration to me. You handle things with such grace and faith. Thanks for being you.

xo -E

Shan said...

<3

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Noelle!
sigh....your husband wrote a very sweet post!

-stephanie- said...

Happy Birthday Noelle!
and to the other two that share this same birthday in your family.


Make it your happiest ever...until next year. :o)

KC said...

Great post, she is incredible. Glad you have each other for support. Happy Birthday, Noelle

Beth Zimmerman said...

Precious! Happy Birthday, Noelle!

Psssssst Jason .... you did stop by Zales on your way home from REI, didn't you?

Lisa L. said...

Have an awesome birthday!

Melissa said...

What a lucky woman! Happy birthday!

Kathy T. said...

Happy Birthday, Noelle!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute. Emily is blessed to have such wonderful and loving parents.