Thursday, September 20, 2012

Neighborly Love


Would it make you jealous to know that I spend all of my free time helping my mom bottle fruit?
It shouldn't.
Not really.

Tonight was our last night of pears.
Finally.
My sister and I are not fans of bottling pears.
The juice drips down your arms, and everything is a sticky mess.

When we finished with the pears my mom asked, "Do you want to help me finish these tomatoes?"
We'd never done tomatoes before and so we willingly agreed to help her.

As we were peeling, slicing, and putting the tomatoes into jars my sister asked my mom what she was going to do with the tomatoes.

"Are you going to make that noodle and tomato dish that we don't like?"
My mom laughed and said, "Probably, because I love it!"

I piped up and said, "Mom, you don't need to give me any of these.  I'm just helping you out of the kindness of my heart."
(I'm not even a little fan of bottled tomatoes.)


I asked my mom if the tomatoes were from her garden and she informed me that her neighbor gave them to her.

When I got home tonight this is the thank you note I put in the mail for the neighbor:


Kind of makes all of you want to be my neighbor doesn't it?


8 comments:

Bridget said...

Bahahaha! I friggin' love you! And I love Eloise and can totally picture her putting this card up on her fridge.

Nessa said...

Haha I think that's the best thank-you note ever. I would definitely like to be your neighbor!

Amy said...

BA ha ha ha! I can't wait till she gets this, I love it. :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

GIRL! You are a HOOT! I'm with you on the pear juice, and canning in general, but Heavens above, I do love the pears!

walden said...

You crack me up. And, yes, I'd love to be your neighbor, I think, Love ya-

A

Dazee Dreamer said...

yum, homemade bottled tomatos taste so good in spaghetti sauce.

Jill said...

This is proof once again that you are awesome and meant to be my friend.

Lalis said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!