Monday, October 29, 2012

Em's At It Again


Hi World!


I just wanted to tell you that I'm doing great and I'm happy!
Really really happy!
It's amazing how much better I feel since my mommy changed my food!

I finally get to see my new GI doctor in the morning and I really hope she can help Mommy and Daddy know what to do so I am not so sad when I wake up every morning.
It's really hard on me and I almost don't like waking up, but I know once I feel better I get to play with Daddy and that makes it worth it.

My physical therapist came to see me today.
She told Mommy that she can tell I'm naughty.
When someone calls me naughty I just smile.

I don't like shoes and when Mommy tries to put them on I always curl my feet so that the shoes don't stay on tight and I can kick them off.
Today my therapist showed Mommy a trick to make my foot stay straight while Mommy puts my shoes on, and I couldn't kick them off.
I had them on all day long!
Mommy says in case I wasn't sure, she won this round.

It's important for me to wear shoes because my feet turn kind of funny when I walk, and if the shoes can't help me keep my feet straight, my therapist said I might need to wear braces on my feet and ankles.

That's just what I need: something else to worry about.

AND I have to go next week and get my hearing tested to make sure everything is okay.
I can hear just fine, especially when I hear Mickey Mouse, but I have a new speech therapist who wonders if I have fluid in my ears.
She says maybe the words I hear sound like they are coming from under the water.
I don't know if that's what I hear, but I guess that's what the doctor will tell Mommy.
  If there is a problem with my ears I'll get tubes and maybe that will help me learn to talk faster.

World, doesn't it seem like there has been a lot that has gone on with my little body?

Mommy told me that I was just so happy to come to earth that I was willing to come with all of my special problems.
I'm really glad I have such good doctors to take care of me.

Mommy told me that I get to go with her and Daddy and their friends to dinner.
I heard Mommy say that it's the first time she and Daddy have been out to dinner together with friends since before I was born.
Mommy is really excited because we are going to her favorite restaurant, with some of her favorite people.
Mommy says her friends love me a lot and that makes me feel good.

Mommy says I have to put the computer away now and go to bed.
Mommy is always wanting to go to bed - even when it's 3:00 in the afternoon.
She's a tired mommy.

Wait!
World!
Do any of you want to be my pen pal?

Mommy says if I want to I can write letters to people, and take them to the post office and mail them.
Out of all the places Mommy takes me, I like the post office the best.
(Except that I really like Aunt Becca's office too because there are fun things that make loud noises.)

If you want to get a letter from me just email my mommy your address and I'll send you one!
(noelleplatt@hotmail.com)

I love you World!!!


PS.

World?
Do you think I should start my own blog?
One where I can write my own thoughts and stories and share them?
Mommy says I can keep writing them on her blog, but maybe I want my own blog.
I think Mommy could help me with it, and make it like my very own journal.
What do you think?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,

I am glad that you are a happy girl and came to such a nice family. You should wear your shoes. My shoes hurt my feet too, but I have to wear them.

I think you should just write on Mommie's blog. Just sneak in.

We love to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

I love reading Em's messages on your blog! She certainly has inherited her Mother's gift for writing :-)
XO Macy