Friday, October 26, 2012

Happy Weekend!


Em and I got home from work last night and Jason had cleaned the whole house.
He's a good husband, and an even better daddy.

This morning as I was getting ready to go to work he said, "Do you know that I haven't been out of this house since last Sunday?"
I reminded him that we went to Costco and he kind of rolled his eyes.
Costco is not his idea of 'getting out of the house.'

Speaking of Costco:



And no, we did not buy the ginormous Minnie and Mickey - although we were tempted.
On occasion we do show some restraint where Emily is concerned.

Where was I?
Oh, Jason hasn't been out of the house since Sunday.

"And today the only thing I'll do outside is get the mail."
And then he looked at me with a serious face and said, "Don't you dare get the mail!  It's all I have to look forward to!"

Maybe I need to start sending him love letters so that he'll at least have something fun to open.

Jason and I are still trying to find a balance between our jobs, being parents to an adorable little girl who requires a little bit more care than the average adorable little girl, not giving up on our own dreams and passions, and taking care of our marriage.

I'd say we're doing pretty well on our jobs and being Emily's parents - we try really hard on our marriage, but we need some work on the rest.
We'll figure it out.

Sami, my niece, gave me the nicest compliment ever.
She was here in my office watching Mickey Mouse with Emily (and no, Emily doesn't always watch Mickey Mouse) and after a few minute of watching Emily and me Sami said, "Noelle, Elimy really loves you doesn't she."

I really love her too; it's a win win situation for both of us.

Thanks for all of your comments of love and support over the last few days - I truly appreciate all of you!

I hope your weekends are filled with all things good and Halloween-ish!  

4 comments:

Vanessa Miller said...

My daughter is almost 11 months old and it has taken me this long to be able to find the balance between her, work and my marriage. Adorable pictures!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, my gosh! That girl is SO cute!

If you and Jason need to work on your marriage (and by that I'm not implying that you do, just that you mentioned it as a priority), I'll be happy to come over and babysit any time!

Cute, cute, cute!

xo -E

Shan said...

Some of us really love you all, including Sami. Thanks for a great story. I needed the lift today.

Nessa said...

A love letter in the mail sounds like something that might make his day. And add to the 'work on your marriage'. Win win?
I would've been tempted to buy the Mickey and Minnie too. They look like they'd be great cuddle friends.