Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Is It Only Wednesday?


I've had a headache/migraine since Sunday.
Go ahead and feel sorry for me.

I've taken more drugs and had more caffeine that I've had in months.
Nothing works.

It's like my body is bound and determined to sink into a whopping case of vertigo (which I haven't had since I was pregnant with Emily, and that in itself is a miracle) and my head is fighting it and holding in all the pressure.

So between the pain and the mild dizziness I'm a sorry mess.

I walked up to my sister's office the other day to seek out her hidden stash of medicine.
My niece Erika also suffers on occasion from dizziness and when she heard I was dizzy she said,
"Noelle, you need to drink Gatorade and eat something salty!  That's what I do and my dizziness always goes away!"

Becca didn't have any potato chips so I was out of luck with the something salty.
My sister Heather, Erika's mom, is a bit of  ... what ... what is she a bit of ...
Trouble?
Cheekiness?
I don't know the right word really, but she is equal parts pain and joy, in a good way.
She walked up to me holding a salt lick (which we sell) and said, "Here, lick this.  It will cure you."
I said, "Only if you do it first," and she did.
So that meant that I had to.
And in a really sad and pathetic way that silly salt lick helped for a little while.

I'm considering carrying one around my neck.
I wonder what people would think of me?

* * *

I have a sweet friend Beth who I met through my blog.
She sent me the most thoughtful birthday gift!
It represents both Emily and God's promise that He will never forget us (the rainbow colors) :


Thank you Beth!

* * *

I gave our girl every option today for her nap -

-snuggle with me on the couch
-curl up with a blanket
-lay on the couch

She chose none of those options.
Instead she searched for her perfect spot.
She's a funny girl, that one!




7 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

aahhh. she wanted the light and the heat. I'm thinking if you start wearing salt lick you need to post a picture of it.

Bridget said...

Beautiful bracelet and such a precious pic of Em!

Anonymous said...

Noelle,

I do feel sorry for you. I am just glad that I finally feel well, and I don't think that I felt near as bad as you do.

I hope you feel better soon.

Emily is sure a sweeter. So glad she decided to stay with us.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I love that she found a patch of sunlight! Do you remember the Family Circus cartoon in the Sunday papers? It was always one of my favorites. The baby girl was forever playing with a sunbeam. =)

I'm so glad that you like the bracelet!

Feel better soon! Love you!

Beth

Elizabeth said...

I can so empathize with your migraine. I get them like that where they last for days. After Imitrex and caffeine and banging my head against the wall didn't work, I went to see the chiropractor. Mine is excellent. Seriously a miracle worker. After 5 days of grinning and bearing it, I left his office feeling about 90% better and after my appointment the next day, I felt like a new woman. If only I could afford to visit him more often . . .

Let me know if you want his number. He's the best chiropractor I've been to and I've been to quite a few. Seriously. He's worth the drive to Springville.

xo -E

P.S. I love the spot Emily picked for a nap. I'll bet it is warm and cozy in the sun. But then again, I'm part reptile and sunning my cold-blooded self on a rock always sounds nice.

Lalis said...

Migraines suck.
I know.

Look up the FL-41 filters from the Moran Eye Center at the University of Utah. They have been my life savers. I don't know how sensitive you are to light and if that is one of your migraine triggers, but they have been a santo remedio for me. I got new glasses and had them put the filters on them, they're pinkish. People think I'm being a trendsetter... In reality I'm keeping white light out.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sweet Emily! She certainly has found her spot in the sun!

^_^