Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What Could Have Been The Cause Of A Heart Attack

My office at work is one of four rooms in an old farmhouse.
My brother and my cousin also have offices in the farmhouse.
I have a designated parking spot.
It's never been agreed to out loud that it's my spot, but it is, and my brother and cousin know that.

I park by the back door, which is the closest door to my office.
It allows me to take Em in and out without too much distraction, and because it seems I take half of our house with me every time we leave, it makes it more convenient to unload my car.

One day a few weeks ago I pulled in to work and saw an employees truck in my spot.
I didn't say anything until the third day in a row I pulled into work and my spot was taken by the same truck.

When my cousin walked in the door I said to him, "Travis, I have a complaint."

He put his hands up and said, "I know, I know, I'll talk to him today and tell him it's your spot.  Don't worry, he won't park there again."

Isn't that lovely?
That my cousin can read my mind?

Here's something else that is lovely.
My cousin came into work yesterday and said, "Noelle your back tire is really low.  Low enough that I wouldn't drive on it until you can get it fixed."
I sighed a big sigh and said, "Okay, I'll see what I can do.  Jason is out of town and I have to feed Emily, and then she'll take a nap and ... okay, I'll figure it out.  Thanks."

He put out his hand and said, "I wasn't telling you to fix it.  Hand me your keys and I'll take care of it."

And he did.
He drove my car to the tire place and waited an hour while they found a nail and repaired the hole.
The men in my life take care of me...and I'm beyond grateful.

That was a tangent.  I had a story about my parking spot.
I pulled in on Monday afternoon and saw this right next to my car:


To say I was freaked out would be an understatement.
I quietly opened my door and got out and practically tiptoed around to the other side of the car to get Emily out.
She was sleeping and I gently lifted her out of the car and ran for the door of the office.

I put her down and then found my brother.

"How long does it take for hornets to form a nest?"

"Why?" he asked.

"Because there is a nest outside that is ginormous and it wasn't there three days ago."

He followed me outside and started laughing.

"It's okay.  The hornets are dead.  That was in one of our trees and the guys wouldn't go near it to water.  When someone finally got brave enough to spray, they put that there as a joke."

That someone who put it there?
The guy who kept parking in my spot.

Do you think he was out to get me?



6 comments:

Bossy Betty said...

OOOOOOO! Bad joke! Bad joke! I would have been scared to death too!

Ali said...

Holy crap! That would have totally freaked me out. Not cool guy... not cool.

Dazee Dreamer said...

First of all, I know how you feel about "your parking space". I'm the same way. But I'm meaner than you and tell the offending person, well if they are employees or reps, that they by darn better not park there again. customers always get a pass. :)

I think you need to prank the guy back. Just sayin

Beth Zimmerman said...

Maybe he put it there as a warning against others parking there?

Your cousin sounds like a keeper! =)

Julie said...

I think he needs to find a nest in his truck that still is alive. Not to hurt him...but the thought is there...just to teach him a lesson, DON'T MESS WITH THE MAMA!!!
Blessings!

Elise said...

Awwww, your cousin (I won't say his name in case you don't want it on here) is so nice!
You guys are so fun :)