Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Way Things Really Are


If there is any doubt as to who is the boss, let this picture clear it up:


My child will NOT let me work.
She wants to be in my lap, playing with my hair, or snuggling on my shoulder.

I've got a good ten minutes at most, before she's standing at my chair tugging on my arm.

Tonight I had to finish some things up, and Emily just wanted to play with me.
I pushed the chair away from the desk, plopped her in it, and then spent 15 minutes kneeling at my desk.

She was happy, and I got my work done.

And now tonight my knees are killing me.
I'm really really really too old to kneel.

Guess what?!!
I have one gift left to get and I am done Christmas shopping for Jason and Emily.

Yes, I'm kind of a super star.

Oh, and my house is clean.
I know!


4 comments:

Tiff said...

I'm so jealous! I still have no idea what to get my husband. He's so hard to shop for. But, at least it's just him, right?!? Love the pic!

Dazee Dreamer said...

one gift left AND a clean house. No way. You are my hero!!!!

Nessa said...

Wow I'm jealous. My house is never clean.

Amy said...

Yup...my youngest monkey rules the house too, and she knows it. It's hilarious watching that happen with her siblings. You are totally a super star! I don't think my house knows what it is like to be clean:). And Christmas nearly done to boot. You rock, my friend!