Monday, December 10, 2012

A Wedding In Pictures


The day after my little sister's wedding I felt as if I had climbed a mountain.
Every muscle in my body was sore and for the life of me, I couldn't keep my eyes open.
The night before the wedding, some time around 3:00am  I said to my sisters, "Let's never become wedding planners."

The amount of burlap we cut, ribbons we tied, snowflakes we hung from balloons, trees we positioned, and cookies we baked (I ended up baking 31 dozen) - it all made for a beautiful wedding, and for some very tired girls.









I didn't manage to get a single picture of the tables and centerpieces.

If you are observant, you'll notice a few gnomes strategically placed throughout the barn.
When my dad first suggested gnomes, all of us girls gave him a very loud and decisive no.
He ignored us and placed the gnomes anyway.
Within a few hours the gnomes had grown on all of us, and I had to admit to my dad that I had been wrong.
That was probably his favorite part of the day.













I'm blessed with a loving family, and I'm grateful to know that no matter what the occasion, we'll always be there for each other.

8 comments:

Jaime Barnhart said...

You did a great job ---- looks great! And I AM a wedding/event planner so I totally understand the process of it all. LOVE the burlap and lights --- what a great combination of textures and looks. :)

Elizabeth said...

I think it is really rude to have a wedding smack in the middle of December. My brother is getting married next Saturday. I have absolutely nothing to do with the planning/decorating. But I was given a clothing assignment and do you think I can find what we're supposed to wear? Nope. So, I'm making skirts and blouses for my daughter and me. I haven't started them yet because I'm still working on the quilt I'm making them. After it is all over, I will only have two weeks to get any crafting done that I want to for Christmas. Too much stress! They couldn't wait until January?

Of course that bit about it being rude to plan a weeding in December is mostly tongue-in-cheek. I love them and am happy for them.

Oh, that Emily. Such a cute, cute girl! I just want to squish her sweet cheeks.

xo -E

TortugaRachel said...

I'm with your dad: rock on gnomes, rock on!

-stephanie- said...

so very pretty! Congratulations to the bride and groom.

CK said...

Beautiful!!! Especially Emily :)

Nessa said...

Em looks gorgeous!
What a pretty wedding it must've been. Congrats to baby sister!

Ali said...

So beautiful! You can see how dedicated each of you are to each other! What a loving and giving family.

Emily is beautiful!

And I love those gnomes!

Bossy Betty said...

Smiling at all these lovely pictures!!!