Tuesday, December 11, 2012

When Broken Is More Than We Could Hope For


Our girl is still sleeping.
It's 10:55 am.
I'm sitting in the rocking chair in her room, as her little tummy gets pumped full of breakfast - wondering if she'll wake up at some point.

Yesterday she didn't wake up until 11:30 am.
There are moments where I wonder if I should be worried about her.

Is her little heart working too hard?
Is she getting sick?

She'll usually take one nap a day, for an hour, but yesterday she didn't even do that.
She spent her entire day wanting to be in my lap, and fell asleep in her daddy's arms last night.

She had a pretty restless night and that's why this morning I'm letting her sleep until she decides to wake up.

It's hard sometimes, wondering about every little thing - wondering if I need to be worried, and then worrying that I'm not worrying enough.
There are moments where I truly envy the innocence that comes with having a healthy baby.

Even with the worry though, I know I'm blessed with this little girl who picked me to be her mommy.
Saturday we put up our Christmas tree, and for just a minute I stopped and looked at the scene around me and got teary eyed.



My life is so full of good things, and if Emily's broken heart helps me to see those good things more clearly... maybe a broken heart isn't such a bad thing.



                           

5 comments:

Kim and Company said...

Never wake a sleeping child! It's like poking a polar bear.

Kristin @ Simply Klassic Home said...

Sweetie, I worry about my kids day and night. You're a good mom that's why you worry. You are so lucky to have each other.

Bossy Betty said...

Beautiful post, Noelle. Hugs to you and your little one.

Shan said...

<3

MamaMags said...

once again, loved this post! I don't know how you do everything you do in your life and keep it together. 31 dozen cookies, REALLY?!?!?- I haven't made 31 dozen cookies in my entire lifetime...lol. Any time I have a bad day, I know I can read your blog,look at your baby girl, and immediately feel better. Thanks for making my world a happier place!