Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Simple Moments


Tonight Emily and Becca and I went to the mall.
We stopped at Hallmark because it's our favorite store.
I let Em down to wander and watched as she stopped in front of the Valentine's Day display.
She walked around that entire display, looking at and studying everything she saw.
She didn't touch anything, just looked.

She spent most of her time investigating the boxes of Valentine cards.
There were at least 15 different options:

princesses, cars, monsters, Toy Story, etc.

Emily looked at every box and finally after several minutes walked closer to the display and picked up one box.
She brought it over to me, and as she handed it to me, she looked up at me and smiled.


Is there anyone who could resist buying this box of Valentines?

Aunt Becca found the perfect little heart elephant, and as you can see it was nearly love at first sight.
(I hope you can see this video.)



Tonight as I put a sleeping Emily into bed I sent a prayer heavenward.

"Thank you Father for Emily.  Thank you."


6 comments:

Nessa said...

She is SO sweet! I have no sound but the video is still adorable.
I love that she's so observant that she can pick out her favorite Valentine's and of course they'd be Mickey.

Sandra said...

She is the most perfect girl ever.

rplatt said...

:) :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

The video is wonderful and her laugh is so precious! Love you, girl!

Lalis said...

Cutest kid. EVER.

Julie said...

AMEN!!!!